Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Neil Mckillop

Thumbs up Neil Mckillop

Ive had a 6-5x47 built by Neil, and i would like to say what a top job he has done,
    it also shoots 120bts with R17 hole to hole, so im a happy bunny/so cheers Neil.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner223 View Post
    Ive had a 6-5x47 built by Neil, and i would like to say what a top job he has done,
    it also shoots 120bts with R17 hole to hole, so im a happy bunny/so cheers Neil.

Andy

he did mine to Run 140gn SGK SPBT with R15

I've only had a couple of recrowning jobs done by him, the workmanship was first class.

I've been to his workshop and it is kept the way an engineering workshop should be kept. The right kit and clean. I would happily recommend him. And he did a nice crowning job on my tika.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

neil has built me quite a few rifles and they are always spot on.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    He is a personal friend of mine and I have a cabinet full of his rifles, top quality work that to some seems expensive, but worth every penny.

top man and I hope to see him soon as I'm after a 243 as I have decided to start stalking on a regular basis again,

bob
    Last edited by bobjs; 04-02-2016 at 19:07.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

WoW Bob, you must be well over the lean times to have a cabinet full of rifles made by Neil.
    I couldn't afford to get my Remmy re-barrelled by him so got it done by James at half the price and just as good.
    Mind you most rifle smiths are as good as each other, the only difference is their overheads.

He did my Sako 85 a few years ago,fantastic job.

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    WoW Bob, you must be well over the lean times to have a cabinet full of rifles made by Neil.
    I couldn't afford to get my Remmy re-barrelled by him so got it done by James at half the price and just as good.
    Mind you most rifle smiths are as good as each other, the only difference is their overheads.
    i disagree with the last statement entirely! I bought a 17 Rem off SD a while back that had been built by a reputable name (not Messrs Mckillop or Clark I would like to add). The chamber was 10 thou out of true with the bore and the headspace 18 thou over minimum SAAMI spec. I cannot believe it passed proof to be honest! Truly an appalling job that has thankfully been Revised as far as possible by Redmist . Be careful who you choose to do your barrel work as not all smiths are as careful as others.

Quote Originally Posted by srvet View Post
    i disagree with the last statement entirely! I bought a 17 Rem off SD a while back that had been built by a reputable name (not Messrs Mckillop or Clark I would like to add). The chamber was 10 thou out of true with the bore and the headspace 18 thou over minimum SAAMI spec. I cannot believe it passed proof to be honest! Truly an appalling job that has thankfully been Revised as far as possible by Redmist . Be careful who you choose to do your barrel work as not all smiths are as careful as others.
    I should imagine that if this person's work was so bad that he is no longer in business. It is my opinion that only the good ones stay in business for long.
    Shooting/Stalking/Hunting is a very close shop so word would soon get round.
    As I said, with all good rifle smiths the only variable seems to be their over heads.
    A typical example is when I wanted a new fore end for my Styre rifle, a well known gentleman, not far from Wincanton,wanted 300 and would take anything up to six months, I found another gentleman near Bath that did it for just over 120 and did it in time for me to use that winter and he used a very good quality wood too.
    He also did the chequering in front of me, what a craftsman, and told me to return after my winter hunts and he would re-run the chequering if required, it wasn't.
    Last edited by EMcC; 05-02-2016 at 09:40.