Thread: Landscape photography.

Landscape photography.

I`ve never done much in the way of landscapes, probably because i `haven`t got the eye` for it.
    This is Lower Light in Burnham on Sea in Somerset.
    I could never make up my mind whether I like this or not ... so .. your honest opinions please.

Last edited by basil; 04-02-2016 at 13:48.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Excellent photo - would not be unhappy to see it every day on my office wall.

I like it too, but would probably benefit from a little tweaking to make it more vibrant

Attachment 66227

2 mins in photoshop

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeydredd View Post
    I like it too, but would probably benefit from a little tweaking to make it more vibrant

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    I like it. No, I really like it.

I might play around with the cropping, perhaps losing a little off the right-hand side? I might well be wrong, but I wonder if that might put a bit more emphasis on the remoteness?
    Last edited by willie_gunn; 04-02-2016 at 19:37.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

I think that having the top of the structure almost aligned with the horizon is the issue. Tends to jar on the eye?

Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
    Attachment 66227

2 mins in photoshop
    Yup, that's what I meant!

Impressive, is the building some type of coastguard look out.

Blackpowder

Quote Originally Posted by Blackpowder View Post
    Impressive, is the building some type of coastguard look out.

Blackpowder
    The Low lighthouse is one of three lighthouses in Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset, England and the only one which is still active. It is a Grade II listed building.
    Burnham-on-Sea is notable for its beach and mudflats, which are characteristic of Bridgwater Bay and the rest of the Bristol Channel where the tide can recede for over 1.5 miles (2.4 km). Burnham is close to the estuary of the River Parrett where it flows into the Bristol Channel, which has the second highest tidal range in the world of 15 metres (49 ft), second only to Bay of Fundy in Eastern Canada. The constantly shifting sands have always been a significant risk to shipping in the area.
    The low wooden pile lighthouse or Lighthouse on legs is 36 feet (11 m) high; the light being at 23 feet (7.0 m) was built by Joseph Nelson in 1832, in conjunction with the High Lighthouse to replace the original Round Tower Lighthouse, which itself had been built to replace the light kept burning in the tower of St Andrews Church to guide fishing boats into the harbour.
    It stands on nine wooden piers, some with plate metal reinforcement. The structure is whitewashed with a vertical red stripe on the seaward side.
    The lights were inactive between 1969 and 1993 and were re-established when the High Lighthouse lights were permanently discontinued. They have a focal plane of 7 metres (23 ft) and provide a white flash every 7.5s plus a directional light (white, red, or green depending on direction) at a focal plane of 4 m. It is operated by Sedgemoor District Council.
    Last edited by basil; 09-02-2016 at 18:24.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.