weekends hunt with friends

Hi All

Thought I'd share a few photos from last week. I had two friends hunting, Heini from Germany and Swen from Sweden.

Heini has been over a few times now but this was Swens first trip.

I planned a slightly different hunt this time as I wanted them to experience so good high pheasant shooting as well as the deer.

Friday we visited a clay ground to get a bit of shooting practice, joined by some other mates off here, Stu (Ezzy6.5) Andy and Jonathan (243 varmint)

It was a fun day despite the high winds with plenty of p*ss taking as you can imagine and I managed to shoot better than all of them only using my .410 side by side:fib::oops:

DSC02764.jpgDSC02767.jpg

Saturday we visited a friends pheasant shoot where he kindly put on a mini day for the guys and they both got to see some very high, slightly frustrating pheasants and ending the day managing to hit 3 or 4 each, I also discovered Swen knows more English swear words than I :lol:

DSC02778.jpgDSC02797.jpgPhoto0381.jpgDSC02788.jpg

We spent the rest of the weekend on the Muntjac with one stalk on Fallow, this was pretty frustrating with the high winds seeing plenty of Fallow but just too rough to stand up never mind a shot.

The muntjac we had mixed results again mostly to do with the wind. Heini shot a fantastic gold medal buck as well as a young buck and a doe. Swen shot a doe but we failed to get him a buck this time, still a good excuse for him to return. A great time hunting hard, eating and drinking way too much :thumb:

IMG-20160131-WA0002.jpgP1310069.jpgPhoto0385.jpgDSC02815.jpgIMG-20160202-WA0014.jpgIMG-20160130-WA0002.jpgIMG-20160117-WA0001.jpg

Sounds like a cracking few days - despite the frustrating weather conditions.

I think the smiles in the photos say it all really....

Sounds like a great few days. How well did you get on with your .410 at the high tower? A nice light whippy .410 makes it too easy doesn't it? ;)

Sounds like a great few days. How well did you get on with your .410 at the high tower? A nice light whippy .410 makes it too easy doesn't it? ;)

......if he was REALLY any good, he'd use a single barrel .410 on pairs off the high tower so that he had to reload to break the 2nd one after smashing the first.....:lol:

Right, just off to practise hitting a bull's arse with a banjo 'cos that's summat I apparently can't do when I'm shooting according to my mates.....:D

Wayne looks like a great time had by all the buck looks a beauty
I bet Jonathan was a bit sore if you beat him with a 410 !!
what clay ground was it you visited ?
Regards pete

Wayne looks like a great time had by all the buck looks a beauty
I bet Jonathan was a bit sore if you beat him with a 410 !!
what clay ground was it you visited ?
Regards pete

I don't know what you are getting at mate.
It was bloody windy on those clays.
To be fair to the guys from over the water. They did very well considering they don't shoot clays.
It was Griffin Lloyd Pete.

Well done on a great weekend guys.
That is a buck of a lifetime Heini.
Sven you have an excuse to come over again.
Wayne. Pass on my thanks to Chrissy for a great meal Friday evening.

Jon

:-|as I mentioned before.... I am envious and cant wait to be over, stalking together with you my friend again...:norty:

That buck is a cracker, a very warm Waidmannsheil to Heini, the jummy ******* and the rest of the bunch for some cracking days!!

...by the way... Mr Davies himself did the write up this time... And I get punished for not finishing all the write ups I still need to get done.... Life is not fair...:coat:

All the best to you, see you in a couple of days:thumb:

Two years for your write up :D Heini's would be two hundred :D:rofl: and Swens not on here is he :-|.

Not long now mate 9 days of work then 5 days hunting just hope the weather improves.

Back