Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Light for Wild Boar

Light for Wild Boar

Hi can someone suggest me a light, mounted on the gun, for wild boar night hunting shooting?

Moonlight!.

Anything else and you will have no chance

Unlucky the moonlight is only few days for month

Quote Originally Posted by force64 View Post
    Moonlight!.

Anything else and you will have no chance
    Just out of curiosity, do they scarper under a red light straight away (red beam, not IR)? Or is it only white light that spooks them?
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

I have never hunted wild boar with a light but a dear friend, who have killed hundreds of boar with the light says under white light you have two seconds, under red three or four.
    I have studied something about and it depends mainly about them eyes sensitive and in the fact they associated easier the White light to a risk instead of a red light.

Quote Originally Posted by Capreolus257 View Post
    I have never hunted wild boar with a light but a dear friend, who have killed hundreds of boar with the light says under white light you have two seconds, under red three or four.
    I have studied something about and it depends mainly about them eyes sensitive and in the fact they associated easier the White light to a risk instead of a red light.
    At the range (high seat) you would be shooting at, any gen1 NV would do the job especially with the newer black light illuminators available.

ATB WB

Established Poster
    I think I'm right in saying that they use green light to great effect in Scandinavia.

If thats true the ebay has a chinese made laser spotter for under 40 which would be ideal ,i got 1 to try and the range is amazing ,you can wide beam or pin point with it ,cant do links but just type in laser designator and theres pages of them atb
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed

Thank you to all for you seuggestions, i can't use a 1 gen NV because i have a unique rifle and in the moring i use it for deer about laser spotter I have tried to seach them on eby but I don't find anything can you link me someone(Also in pm)?
    Other ideas? My starting idea was to find a big surefire a good price ad use it with a scope mount which is your opinion about this?

There is a problem with the laser designators. They do not like cold weather or rain. It's like looking into a blur. I bought one and never use it for this reason.