Thread: .204 no room for error when using 39 grn blitz king

.204 no room for error when using 39 grn blitz king

When out on Tuesday night I thought I would head shoot a bunny at approx 120yds off sticks, needless to say the resulting strike sounded mighty like a body strike, on retrieving the bunny from a very wet wheat field I discovered that firstly it didn't need paunching as when I picked it up what remained of its entrails fell out, basically its complete back from its kidneys to its neck was missing!!! Surprisingly the rear end, so rear saddle and legs were fine. So in future I think bunnies shot with .204 will be head shot in the day light. Can't wait to find out the effect on a charlie!!

D

I been using 39 bks in the .204 for a couple of years now, incredibly accurate and flat shooting but not a pretty sight on crows or bunnys! I've shot hundreds of fox with it and it drop them cleanly with very few exit wounds, I have two other foxing rifles (.223 and .243) that are hardly out the cabinet.

A very entertaining round to play with. Great on gongs, seems flatter than my 22/250 - love it.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Dabbler View Post
    A very entertaining round to play with. Great on gongs, seems flatter than my 22/250 - love it.

Cant agree more.

i have 5 gongs on the estate from 150 to 400 yards, and it's great fun,

i also found out that the 20 cal just leaves glove puppets where there once was a rabbit, turns fox heads into bean bags and internals feel like a sack of mushy peas,

bob
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by foosa View Post
    I been using 39 bks in the .204 for a couple of years now, incredibly accurate and flat shooting but not a pretty sight on crows or bunnys! I've shot hundreds of fox with it and it drop them cleanly with very few exit wounds, I have two other foxing rifles (.223 and .243) that are hardly out the cabinet.
    Agree with this. Not much in the way of an exit wound and not much of a move from the point of impact. Fabulous round.

I shoot my foxes with a 6mm 6.5*47 and a 70gn BK at 3600 fps. That tends to be pretty brutal. Not tried it on a bunny yet though!
    So much to learn and so little time left