Thread: X bolt 308 ammunition

X bolt 308 ammunition

Hi all I was wondering what other x bolt 308 owners are finding the most accurate in factory loads. I'm currently using RWS target elite 154 grain and not really getting on with them unless it's me!. I was just wondering what other people are using and how they rate them. Sidney

If it is just for target work maybe try some Radway Green Black Spot ammunition or MEN target amunition both would be marked as 7.62x51 Nato.

Try some ppu. Cheap as chips but work very well in some rifles. Brass is also good for reloading if (when lol) you get into that too. Don't be put off by ammo snobs. Give it a go.

Thanks for comments I'm stalking not target shooting. I have been looking around at ammo choice and finding it a minefield. The only reason I'm using the target elite as someone I know recommend them but I'm having my doubts. RWS Geco have been mentioned by a couple of friends but I'm open to comments,thoughts and suggestions of other manufactures. Thanks for your input Sidney

Sid try some saki superhammer head 150 I've used them for years great ammmo
    Ate tom

If you find the Ruag Swiss P or the Lapua factory ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    Thanks for comments I'm stalking not target shooting. I have been looking around at ammo choice and finding it a minefield. The only reason I'm using the target elite as someone I know recommend them but I'm having my doubts. RWS Geco have been mentioned by a couple of friends but I'm open to comments,thoughts and suggestions of other manufactures. Thanks for your input Sidney
    Sorry but when you mentioned Target Elite well I naturally assumed that it was for target shooting ...................................... Silly me!

Thanks for your help I will be trying your recommendations. I will be visiting the local gunshot to see if they have any of the mentioned ammo in stock. Thanks Sidney

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    Hi all I was wondering what other x bolt 308 owners are finding the most accurate in factory loads. I'm currently using RWS target elite 154 grain and not really getting on with them unless it's me!. I was just wondering what other people are using and how they rate them. Sidney
    123gr sako shoot very well from my x bolt
    Keep on going to the end you never no what's round the corner