Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you extend the DSC2 time limit?

Can you extend the DSC2 time limit?

A combination of my dissorganisation on my part and the AW I was using being v difficult to get hold of and hanging on to my portfolio has meant that my DSC2 is about to run out.
    Does anyone know if it is possible to extend the time limit even if it is for a month or two?

I have only just found out it runs out on the 16thas I have only just been able to get the portfolio back.

I'll give them a ring on Monday but a heads up would be useful.

Cheers

I tried to get mine extended, they refused outright, even with genuine reasons.
    So when i sent mine in it apparently arrived on the internal verifiers desk on the day of expiry!
    Cheers
    Richard

Don't quote 100% but thought u can re-register which will cost money but u can use a previous cull if within 3 years of ur final cull, soif u completed it in first year after re registering could use culls 2 years back.
    Atleast that is wot i believed years ago when i done mine. But i may be wrong or it could have changed since

Quote Originally Posted by liongeorge View Post
    A combination of my dissorganisation on my part and the AW I was using being v difficult to get hold of and hanging on to my portfolio has meant that my DSC2 is about to run out.
    Does anyone know if it is possible to extend the time limit even if it is for a month or two?

I have only just found out it runs out on the 16thas I have only just been able to get the portfolio back.

I'll give them a ring on Monday but a heads up would be useful.

Cheers
    If there is genuine reason such as illness or operational deployment then you might be in with a chance, but your circumstances just sounds like poor admin so I doubt you will get anywhere. You've still got 10 days, so if all stalks are complete, there shouldn't be an issue surely? If you still need to do stalks, then I'm afraid you will be out of luck. However, if you re-register, you can use any evidence that is less than 3 years old a time of submission. Give them a call and they will advise.
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by countrryboy View Post
    Don't quote 100% but thought u can re-register which will cost money but u can use a previous cull if within 3 years of ur final cull, soif u completed it in first year after re registering could use culls 2 years back.
    Atleast that is wot i believed years ago when i done mine. But i may be wrong or it could have changed since
    Thanks guys , my only cull was in July 13 so perhaps I can reregister and use this one if i get on with it.

I notice you are in Wilts. I'm in West Dorset and provide L2 witnessing if thats any help?!
    Deer Stalking. Training and Courses. Deer Stalking Certificate Level 1, Training and Witnessing for the Level 2 Assessment.
    www.deercentral.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by liongeorge View Post
    Thanks guys , my only cull was in July 13 so perhaps I can reregister and use this one if i get on with it.
    See below

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry270 View Post
    I notice you are in Wilts. I'm in West Dorset and provide L2 witnessing if thats any help?!
    I know Tackleberry, and can recommend him 100%, he will sort you out.

Cheers

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry270 View Post
    Thanks for the offer Tackleberry, you were kind enough to offer to come up to be an AW for me when you picked up the Hornet (which I hope has been good to you).

Does the time limit refer to the date of the culls or the submission of the portfolio?

Almost certainly the submission of the portfolio liongeorge. Three years from issue to submission.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by baguio View Post
    Almost certainly the submission of the portfolio liongeorge. Three years from issue to submission.
    Strictly speaking I think the 3 years is measured from date of registration.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!