Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steyr Pro Hunter II thoughts please

Steyr Pro Hunter II thoughts please

Went to see a steyr today with a view to pulling the trigger on it (pun intended!). The price was great and when I asked why he said "can't sell them, everyone round here wants a tikka". When I asked him why he just shrugged.

So, is there any real reason to choose a tikka instead, or is it just personal preference?

The stock if plastic is ****. I was going to get one as I liked the set trigger and safety but the stock was awful so I ended up getting a tikka.

Attachment 66340 100mts off sticks they are crap

Hi, If you are putting bipod, mod on then forget it. Stock can't handle it. Flexes like hell. Purchased 25-06 new around a year ago, ended up putting a SSStock on it as I would have lost far to much trading it in. Barrel heats up very quickly so have to take your time zeroing it.
    That said they have great action, brilliant three stage safety, and nice looking twist in the barrel, and very accurate if you get it worked out. Happy with mine now.
    Jim

African Javj: forgive the lack of Internet grammar, but are you being carcastic?

No bipod, but mod. I thought the mark 2 had got rid of the stock issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Co1 View Post
    African Javj: forgive the lack of Internet grammar, but are you being carcastic?
    I think he is. That's a 3" target with a nice group on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Co1 View Post
    No bipod, but mod. I thought the mark 2 had got rid of the stock issues?
    Hi, No they still have issues. Sportsman admit to it but still do nothing about it.
    Jim

Cheers Takbok!

I have the prohunter in 308 and have found it very good even with plastic stock. I can cloverleaf at 100 yds with SU mod attached. I also use it for target shooting and never found a problem with overheating. Yes you have to be careful not to put sideways pressure on the forend as it is flexible and can touch the barrel. It has the fluted barrel and did not perform as well with an over the barrel mod.

Calum