Thread: blaser r8 pro success

blaser r8 pro success

well after many months of deliberation,traded in the tikka t3 243 and finally bit the bullet and purchased said rifle in 308 ,with zeiss victory ht 3-12x56 scope with asv+. .spent all afternoon researching how to set the asv up .
    just need the rain to sod off and get out and zero.

It's a cracking scope and I used to have the r93, which was really accurate. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by neillfrbs View Post
    well after many months of deliberation,traded in the tikka t3 243 and finally bit the bullet and purchased said rifle in 308 ,with zeiss victory ht 3-12x56 scope with asv+. .spent all afternoon researching how to set the asv up .
    cracking set up Enjoy
    regards pete

Made the move middle of last year to a Blaser r8 pro success in 6.5x55,fitted a Leica Magnus 1.8/12x50 with adj/ turret,
    cracking rifle in all departments should have got one years ago..
    Tikka,s sitting in the cabinet now,
    they will get exchanged for barrels when I can decide on which Calibre's I need?

Enjoy Tikka595

thanks guys ,been out and zeroed this morning 100 yrds 1 "high .which is what the zeiss software said for bullet weight manufacturer ect .all good ,trigger did feel much lighter than the tikka .but after a bit of practice was pretty much putting bullet on bullet ,with norma 150gr . now just need to get out and stalk.
    cheers neill

Enjoy the R8 pro success. I hope to be going the same rifle route once I sell my other kit. Haven't seen a better low light scope than the HT which will kept and going on my R8 too eventually.

I've just taken the same decision in principle having been lured by the Pro Success, I'm going to trade my two Steyr Mannlichers in .270 and .243 and get the R8 plus a barrel. I love the way you can change the barrel and replace the scope so easily.

They're obviously eye wateringly expensive but I doubt you'd lose a lot on them.

buy once, cry once . worth it ,should have done it years ago .love the way it all comes apart in seconds ,and does not effect zero what so ever. early days with it but i think love is in the air.lol

Quote Originally Posted by neillfrbs View Post
    Congratulations on your purchase and good luck with it

Glendine.