Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7mm Bullets - what is available in the UK

7mm Bullets - what is available in the UK

I am currently using Hornady 7mm 139gn flat base Interlock Soft points. They work well, but I would quite like to try a 154 or 160 grain bullet. But only seem to be agile to source 139gn Interlocks or SSTs and being told by local RFD, who has been onto the importer, GMK?, that's all they bring in.

What are others experiences?

Henry Krank list 9 Sierra expanding bullets in 7mm, up to 175 grain.

i'am glad I have a small stock of interlocks 139 and few box's of sierra 140, been trying the 162 a max for paper with good results its worth a try ? may be our spud can help you out mty ?

I have been using 154gr SST this season and have worked very well, always used 139gr before. Not noticed much difference though on the deer.

With all the rounds that use 7mm calibre bullets it seems odd that they are hard to get a decent selection of. Am off over the club in a bit so will have a look and see what they have on the shelf as am considering a 280 rifle so this might have some importance to that idea.

280ack is what I am running

I always had good results with 150gn Sierra Gamekings over 42gns Varget in 7-08.
    Current battery, Air Arms TX200 MK3 .177, Hawke Vantage SF 3-12x40, Anschutz 1427B .22LR Sporterised Biathlon rifle, A-TEC wave mod Nikon 4.5-14x40, Tikka M595 .222Rem Leupold 6.5-20x40 LR. Howa 1500 APC .308win Varmint Nikko FFP 6-24x50 Wildcat Evo. Sauer 202 Classic XT .243Win Leupold VX3 4.5-14x50 Wildcat Evo.

Can you get PPU bullets for reloading? I have used their 139 ( or 140, depending on who is advertising them here) grain BTSP from two 7x57's and a 7-08. Very good killers n large whitetails and stout mule deer from 80 to 250 yards. Put one in the boiler room and they don't go more than a step or two. So inexpensive we buy them by the thousand lot.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    280ack is what I am running
    That is what I am looking at. Monkey Spanker suggested that I speak to James about it after I asked him about his. There is one that may be on commission sale fairly locally at the club that I mentioned to MS. That one is on a BSA action and looks like one I found in old threads on this forum. I must say that I find the cartridge appealing but did notice when I popped into the clubs shop this morning that I could not see any 7mm bullets on the shelves.

You wont be sorry I posted a short vid of my first few shot just fire forming more than happy with the rifle mty . my shop has all I need and I am coming your way to Tumby Boston stalking in march if you like I can bring up the bullets of your choice if they have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Conure View Post
    That is what I am looking at. Monkey Spanker suggested that I speak to James about it after I asked him about his. There is one that may be on commission sale fairly locally at the club that I mentioned to MS. That one is on a BSA action and looks like one I found in old threads on this forum. I must say that I find the cartridge appealing but did notice when I popped into the clubs shop this morning that I could not see any 7mm bullets on the shelves.