Thread: Which pocket torch?

Which pocket torch?

Hi guys, could I please have your recommendations on a decent pocket sized torch to purchase up to approx 30 or so (although On recommendation I would pay more)

I picked up a cheap 7 clulite PL1 Led torch at last years British shooting show and this gives surprisingly good performance from a single AA battery, but I was looking for something a little more powerful really and possibly with a high and low power function . There is a lot of choice about so I would rather go on personal recommendations if possible.

many thanks.
    Last edited by paultap; 07-02-2016 at 01:05.

All depends what use you have for it but...

I bought a LED LENSER P7.2 which was just over 20. Seems well made and very bright. It has 3 power settings and a focus system. I have the H7R LED LENSER head torch and before that had one of their classic headfire torches so I have been brand loyal for 15 years. Excellent quibble free 5 year warranty...not as excellent as it was...it used to be lifetime but hey ho.

The P7.2 has optional extras like a remote switch, filters and scope mounts so if you want to use it for rabbiting you can.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Alantoo View Post
    All depends what use you have for it but...

I bought a LED LENSER P7.2 which was just over 20. Seems well made and very bright. It has 3 power settings and a focus system. I have the H7R LED LENSER head torch and before that had one of their classic headfire torches so I have been brand loyal for 15 years. Excellent quibble free 5 year warranty...not as excellent as it was...it used to be lifetime but hey ho.

The P7.2 has optional extras like a remote switch, filters and scope mounts so if you want to use it for rabbiting you can.

Alan
    Thanks for the info on the P7.2 Alan, can I ask where you purchased it from please, I did a quick search online and most are going for 35 minimum.

regards Paul.

An awful lot of people do pocket torches now. The big names seem to cost a bit more and perhaps they are worth it, but the technology has now been embraced by most manufacturers and so you don't necessarily have to pay a fortune. It's worth calling into your nearest electrical factors, Screwfix or even B&Q. They'll all have something to suit.

I have a couple, one is a Haupa and the other is a Lighting Ever. Both very similar. See here.

http://www.lightingever.co.uk/adjust...lashlight.html

It gives out 140 lumens, runs off 3 AAA batteries and has a slide forward type zoom system, so you can operate it easily with one hand. Before spending a small fortune, were I you, I'd get one of these for the price of it, see if it does your needs and even if you do go up-market after, you've got a ridiculously cheap but reliable backup that you can keep in the car, or your coat or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by paultap View Post
    Thanks for the info on the P7.2 Alan, can I ask where you purchased it from please, I did a quick search online and most are going for 35 minimum.

regards Paul.
    It was from Amazon, I think it may have been a special offer this time last year ish.

Just looked 20. January 2015

I tried some of the clamps which are good for 25mm sight tubes. The lenser one was a better fit and had wider adjustment.

Alan

Attachment 66350Attachment 66349Attachment 66348

These are excellent spot to wide beam very bright for size myself and mates all use them in our jobs. Buy a few and leave them around.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OLDC6W...ing=UTF8&psc=1

spot on nicholiath, got about six of these in various pockets, vehicles, roe sacks,
    last for hours, plenty bright enough and cheap as chips.
    wouldnt be without a cheapie headlamp as well for hands free

Try online ebay/aliexpress- 30 pounds will buy you torch and charger.Try T20 or T38 nice size for the pocket.