Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Binocular harness

Binocular harness

Two of my regular stalking jackets/smocks have binocular pockets which i have taken for granted, lately with all this wonderfull wet weather, driving wind and rain etc i have been wearing the swazi smock! which does the job just fine! but whats irritating the hell out of me is the Binos swinging about! questions beeing, What is the best Harness to stop this? not really fussed about keeping the binos dry! but protected would be a slight bonus whilst crawling! i want the simplest type, that's easy to use! not to bulky! not covered in buckles/tails etc! theirs nothing more annoying than dragging deer, rifle over the shoulder, and Binos swinging about! So any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by CCB View Post
    Two of my regular stalking jackets/smocks have binocular pockets which i have taken for granted, lately with all this wonderfull wet weather, driving wind and rain etc i have been wearing the swazi smock! which does the job just fine! but whats irritating the hell out of me is the Binos swinging about! questions beeing, What is the best Harness to stop this? not really fussed about keeping the binos dry! but protected would be a slight bonus whilst crawling! i want the simplest type, that's easy to use! not to bulky! not covered in buckles/tails etc! theirs nothing more annoying than dragging deer, rifle over the shoulder, and Binos swinging about! So any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris
    I use the Swaro Bino Harness on my Leica Geovids. They are simple and do the job, without 'getting in the way '.There's a couple more fancy harness's out there but from what I read they seem somewhat OTT in their set up. I would keep it simple and get a pair of the Swaro's.

S4 Gear LockDown X Binocular Harness

I have these and they are very handy. My best mate who stalks on regular basis loves them as well.

The Monarch country products one is excellent. Great value at 15 ish, simple and durable.
    Last edited by otisthedog; 07-02-2016 at 13:14.

Have a look at Tony Halpin's site 'Corbieton' I am sure a search will find him. I have used a set for ten years and besides replacing stretched elastic found them very effective and comfy. They are cheap too I think. Cheers Jerry

Interesting differences there guys, will have a look at them!

Thanks

A friend of mine uses a system from Tenzing. They perform really well. I would like them myself but he said he struggled to find a UK supplier and purchased them from The States. Would be grateful if anyone has any info pease; also, will they accommodate the EL Range 8x42?

Quote Originally Posted by TSG View Post
    S4 Gear LockDown X Binocular Harness
    +1

I have mentioned this once before, but got little interest, but it is something I saw in Africa. They find that a harness can make your shirt stick to you, so hang their binos round the neck with one arm through the strap. When you don't want it, push it back under your arm, then pull it round the front for use. If you are doing serious crawling, push it further round into the small of your back. One thing you will need to ensure is, that the "sticky" part of the strap is worn upside down, so the strap slides easily.
    Marcher.