New scope

Tricky trees

Hi all
i am new to rifle shooting and I am after a new scope I am looking at spending around £800 it has to be variable I will be using it for stalking & target shooting on a range which has facilities to shoot up to 500 yds does any one have a Zeiss conquest DL3-12x50 what do you think of these would appreciate any ones feed back

for £800.

have a look at second hand swaros. depending on how far you want to shoot would make the magnification an issue you need to pay more attention too.

bob

Or if you want a new scope with good warranty go for a vortex PST or a sighton both of them are very good

You should be able to pick up a slightly older Swarovski Habicht 4-12x50 for £5-600 or even less and it will do all you need. Not sure though if you add twiddly turrets for longer range dialling in.

Right cat among pigeon time
I own a Swaro Z6 2-12-50 and the conquest DL in 3-13-50. To my eyes the conquest is far better optically

Hi Tricky, if your going to be shooting 500 yds target, you might want more than a 12x, i thing the sportsman gun center is still knocking out a Nikon Morach 3, 6x 24 discounted to about 400, Ive two of them and for the money excellent, with good mounts they make the rifle better than me. Or go s/h for good european good luck

Get a new 56 mm Meaopta varriable, can by new from Europe at your budjet price.

D
I have been looking on their website very good on price ,I was looking at the meaopta 1.7 x10 x42 ,if don't mind me asking how do you rate these meaopta then atb Steve

A friend in the club had a 7x50 Meopta on his stalking rifle and he raved about it. He replaced a Schmidt & Bender 6x42 with the Meopta 7x50 and never looked back. He showed me it as as I remember it had a sort of range finding bit in the lower right quadrant of the view based on a Deers body. Sorry it is a bit hazy as this was a couple of decades back but I do remember that the scope was very clear and was excellent at first and last light.

Get a new 56 mm Meaopta varriable, can by new from Europe at your budjet price.

D

Agreed, top quality glass, would still be a bargain in were 3/400 quid dearer!!! I looked at the scopes and bins at the shooting show last year and was hugely impressed.

Back