Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recomendations for a 10 round ammunition holder

Recomendations for a 10 round ammunition holder

I would never believe it could be so difficult to find an ammunition holder.........

I'm looking for a cordura 10 round ammunition holder / wallet to go on my belt. I don't like leather ones as they tend to leave green rings around the cases. I've tried the Garlands 14 round wallets and find the elastic fastener doesn't work well.

Having spent a whole afternoon searching the net I can't believe I'm the only one who has had this issue....... Just as well it's been too wet and windy to go stalking or I'd be even more frustrated!!!

Any suggestions, views or reviews on where I can find what I'm looking for please folks???

I've got one of these, it's made by "Uncle mike's" which is an American company, it has "sidekick" on the back, even though it's manufactured in Vietnam it is well made and certainly does the job. It is made from stiff pre shaped ballistic nylon and is built to last. It has a heavy duty Velcro fastening.

I can't remember where I bought it from now, I believe it was from a trader on this site, but I've deleted the relevant email details. However if you google it I am sure you can find a retailer. The model number I believe is 88451.

I have placed my iPhone by it in one of the photos to give you an idea of the size
    It's about the best I have seen of its type.

The ammo in the wallet is 270 cal.

cheers Paul

​update.... I believe it was from moray outfitting that it was purchased, several years ago.
    Last edited by paultap; 08-02-2016 at 01:55.

I just use old Federal 10 round holders that comes with the factory ammunition and keep them in my rucksack or pocket. If you shoot a .308 Win based round, I can send you a couple?

Regards JCS

Quote Originally Posted by paultap View Post
    I've got one of these, it's made by "Uncle mike's" which is an American company, it has "sidekick" on the back, even though it's manufactured in Vietnam it is well made and certainly does the job. It is made from pre shaped ballistic nylon and is built to last. It has a heavy duty Velcro fastening.

I can't remember where I bought it from now, I believe it was from trader on this site but I've deleted the relevant email details. However if you google it I am sure you can find a retailer. The model number I believe is 88451.

I have placed my iPhone by it in one of the photos to give you an idea of the size
    It's about the best I have seen of its type.

The ammo in the wallet is 270 cal.

cheers Paul
    Hi Paul,

That's exactly what I'm after but I can't find any available in the UK.......

Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    I just use old Federal 10 round holders that comes with the factory ammunition and keep them in my rucksack or pocket. If you shoot a .308 Win based round, I can send you a couple?

Regards JCS
    Hi JCS,

Thank you for your kind offer, I've got some of the plastic strips at home but am really looking for what has photographed above - I just can't find one in the UK.

Jack Pyke do a folding padded cordura ammo wallet, I've had mine a few years and the elastic is still snug on the rounds.

"Moray outfitting" just sprang into my head, that may very well have been the trader but Im not 100% sure . I remember the person sending me a Z-aim sling and ammo wallet on approval before paying, just to look them over, it was great service!

worth a try!

regards Paul.

ps, here is a jack pike one in comparison, I believe this came from the same trader also, it holds 16 rounds and also has a Velcro fastening.... I use this just to store ammo as personally I think it's too big to put on a belt, it would fit in a coat or trouser leg pocket ok though.
    Last edited by paultap; 08-02-2016 at 02:13.

I just load with 5, that's enough deer for me in a stalk

Mine is a leather one made by RWS, it is real quality. Can't say I've noticed any rounds with green on them, mind you they don't stay in it long Have you tried Gregor at Tain?

If i need another 10 rnds then again will stock up from the car or base after dragging the first 10 home

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	905702_1204420626239676_2637916908935325074_o.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	340.3 KB 
ID:	66382

...Sorry Not helping .....