Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Countryfile next week - gamekeepers ....?

Countryfile next week - gamekeepers ....?

Just caught the end of countryfile for the weather, and in the "and on next week's programme " piece, there was a mention of meeting the next generation of gamekeepers (or summat along those lines).

See how that segment goes..... opportunity for a positive conveyance of the role played or a damming condemnation? I'm going to keep an open mind. But let's hope it's the former eh? ;-)
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

....wrong section - but a combination of (a) phone rather than laptop, and (b) sausage fingers

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

..well I watched this: to me, it came across as a positive positioning of the role gamekeepers play in habitat management, conservation and introducing high quality meat of known provenance into the food chain.

Country file often gets - frequently, quite rightly - some stick about their features, but for once, this was not a fire and brimstone damning of shooting.

Thought it was a bit light on content, but at least it was positive in the role we play.

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    ..well I watched this: to me, it came across as a positive positioning of the role gamekeepers play in habitat management, conservation and introducing high quality meat of known provenance into the food chain.

Country file often gets - frequently, quite rightly - some stick about their features, but for once, this was not a fire and brimstone damning of shooting.
    I watched it too and agree with everything that you said. For once Countryfile showed keepers in a very positive light!

I agree, very positive, but they spent much more time on bloody Angus cows, i'd like to have seen more on the aspects of a keepers work rather than moo moo's.
    "Eagles may soar, but, Weasels don't get sucked in to jet engines" Anon

Still moo moos probably more important to the economy in general than shooting. No matter how highly we rate it.

David.

Thought it came across very well indeed
    hopefully there will be more to come can only
    be a positive thing
    regards Pete

The poll shows 92% think the program was not glorifying the killing of animals so it looks like most folk are reasoned and grounded.

Only 8% think the program was awful, my Mrs included, as she hates watching anything too 'gory' on tv or live. Venison comes in little vac packed packages or as sausages!