Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rat control for gamekeepers qualification

Rat control for gamekeepers qualification

I know that we do not need an individual qualification yet as covered by farm assurance until the end of 2017 but planning ahead tried to find a course provider in Anglia with no luck from BASC, GWCT, NGO.

Anyone else on here going to need this in due course if we do not get an extension?

Quote Originally Posted by N1mr0d View Post
    I know that we do not need an individual qualification yet as covered by farm assurance until the end of 2017 but planning ahead tried to find a course provider in Anglia with no luck from BASC, GWCT, NGO.

Anyone else on here going to need this in due course if we do not get an extension?
    Try Killgerm their web site should be easy to find. They do 1 day training courses nationwide for around 150 ish
    Atb

Thanks for the suggestion but all Killgerm's relevant courses are in Yorkshire.

The point of the thread is that if there are enough folk who need the course I can go to a provider like Killgerm and ask them to run a course in Anglia.

If not then I will have to travel but hoping to avoid having to go too far.

Try contacting Jim at dgvm, he's based in Chippenham Cambridgeshire. He has various courses running from time to time, not sure if this is one of them but he might be able to set something up for you?

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    Try contacting Jim at dgvm, he's based in Chippenham Cambridgeshire. He has various courses running from time to time, not sure if this is one of them but he might be able to set something up for you?
    +1 for jimbo but I don't think he's got any rodent courses planned. Killgerm do courses at Jim's and various other locations not just in Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by N1mr0d View Post

If you e-mail BASC on this e-mail sportingservices@basc.org.uk to register an interest in a course in your area. We will then put one on if their is demand.

Many thanks, Peter
    Dr Peter Marshall
    BASC Sporting Services

Soham pest control supply rodenticide to the agricultural sector and provide training also killgerm normally do training at barnham broom near Norwich. I'm meeting with there area sales guys on wed so will check for you pm me if you want any phone numbersJake

I did mine with the NGO last August,
    good course and certainly makes you think how we use rodenticides,
    mine involved a day long course and doing a online test within a set time period,
    NGO,BASC and GWCT are running courses in many areas.

UKDTR
    Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service

Thanks for all the help folks, I am out with Jim next Tuesday so will ask him then.

Are the Basc, ngo, gwct courses not subsidesed or prices held down to 40? Big saving compared to the commercial companies. Would cover a fair bit of travel if u had too for a cheap course