Thread: Insurer's ...!

Insurer's ...!

In my copy of the Oxford English Dictionary, I would place the word Insurer next to Banker!
    A soldier wounded in Afghanistan has won a payout from an insurance firm who reviewed his claim after he carried the Carling Cup on to the pitch at Wembley.
    Private Dave Tatlock, 20, from Manchester, was told he might never walk again after being hit by shrapnel in a friendly fire incident.
    The Manchester United fan beat the odds to walk on the pitch in February before his beloved team's final against Aston Villa.
    After weeks of practise, he limped unaided from the tunnel to deposit the trophy at the side of the pitch, while a helper walked behind him with a crutch.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Do not get me started on how our soldiers are treated! A mate of mine, Richard Larkin, was killed in Stahn, the MOD are still buggering Theresa (his wife) about and not paying out properly. Just cos he was Terratorial SAS should not mean his family doesn't get the full death benefits

Then of course we have the MOD secretary suffering from RSI who gets a 450,000 payout, yet a bloke loses both legs (careless I admit) and doesnt get half that amount.

If you want to know how bad the Blair government really were, read Craig Murray's book "Murder in Samarkand". Hopefully a change of government will lead to a little more support for our soldiers.

Yours angrily, ft
    Last edited by flytie; 22-05-2010 at 19:36. Reason: spolling
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

For BLAIR, read "False & Designing".................I would have more regard for Cherie..........
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Yeah, but it dosn't matter if you get f***ed for your country 'cos they will send Beckham out for five minutes to make it all better. The sooner they declare an open season for pencil-pushing war mongering tw*ts the better. Our lads and lassies deserve every penny of the compensation they get for doing something I wonder if I would have the balls to do. The treatment they receive when they come home is shamefull. Although I support H4H I think it is a dreadfull situation when we have to use charitable contributions to rehabilitate our serving heroes and make life a little better for the families of the fallen.

There is an old episode of only fools and horses where grandad is talking about the war, he says, "They promised us homes fit for heroes, but ended up with heroes only fit for homes"! I think the guy who wrote that got it just about right.

Unfortunately it was ever thus

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Words fail me. I had to deal with an insurance claim last year for my dog which was killed in an RTA. The people that I had to speak to were beneath comtept, it was like a game to them, just trying to find ways not to pay. This was Direct Line by the way, better mention that as I promised them that I would run them down to anyone who would listen at every opportunity! JC

been an ex serviceman i agree that the terms and conditions of payouts suck..
    unfortunate on paper all policies look good.
    shame on them when you wish to claim they look for every possible get out clause

bring all the boys home and girls. remove all funding to these countries and see where they would be..

shame