Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Options for a muzzle mounted (not over barrel) moderator?

Options for a muzzle mounted (not over barrel) moderator?

Will need a moderator but as rifle will have iron sights it has to be a muzzle mounted on and not an over barrel one and as it is for mainly range use what are the options?

So far they seem few and far between.

I have a Dpt moderator threaded 15x1 spigot for my Blaser .308 which is over the barrel but by changing the threaded piece to a 14x1 I can also use it forward mounted on my Maral 30-06.
    I also have a 6mm moderator with an over barrel 15x1 spigot for my .243 and another 1/2"x 20 threaded over barrel section for my .222 using the same moderator.
    Dpt moderators are cheap enough to get the extra sections without breaking the bank.

What caliber is it to go on?

I would be careful with aluminium mods as they can gas cut and wear out pretty quick with range use. I have an ASE utra SL5 which I use for stalking and at the range. Its muzzle mounted but very short, its fully stainless steel, weighs 390g and moderates very effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Markfox View Post
    What caliber is it to go on?
    Am looking at:-

Remington 280 Ackley Improved.

If you are going to the shooting show come and have a look at one of our S series all stainless units, we will be sharing a stand with Bruce Hutton targets.
    If not have a look at Welcome to Onelesscharlie, Custom Sound Moderators, Sound Moderators design or give me a call on 07833 212214

regards

Colin
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tikka varmint 22-250.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	164.5 KB 
ID:	66411Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new olc logo.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	164.0 KB 
ID:	66412

I've got a couple of MAE muzzle mounted, I really rate them and MAE mods in general.

Thank you for the offer but I refuse to go to Stoneleigh again not after the shambles of last years Triumph/MG spares day.

If it's purely for range use I'd go Ase jet z compact or SL5

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    I have a Dpt moderator threaded 15x1 spigot for my Blaser .308 which is over the barrel but by changing the threaded piece to a 14x1 I can also use it forward mounted on my Maral 30-06.
    I also have a 6mm moderator with an over barrel 15x1 spigot for my .243 and another 1/2"x 20 threaded over barrel section for my .222 using the same moderator.
    Dpt moderators are cheap enough to get the extra sections without breaking the bank.
    How does that work on your FAC? Have just ordered a DPT and if its as good as expected I would like to do the same as you have for all my rifles.....