New venison /game dealer in perthshire

Ray7756

Hi guys I am in the process of getting myself set up as a venison / game dealer, waiting on councill to come and inspect my property to tell me what I need to do to bring it up to the correct standard
I will be based of the stanley to murthley road, I will have enough deer to start with but I am wondering if there are any stalkers on here that would consider selling to me, I will be paying the going rates ( easy checked by phoning other dealers) and if I am closer will save you on travel time and fuel
Admin I will take out trade membership when I get up and running :D
Cheers
Ray

Plenty estates and stalkers in the area, no offence but you will need to offer something the other dealers in the area don't to get people to move be that better prices , better pickup, quicker payments.

Plenty estates and stalkers in the area, no offence but you will need to offer something the other dealers in the area don't to get people to move be that better prices , better pickup, quicker payments.
Payment will be in cash after weighing and inspection, but you have made good points that I need to look at, and find out from you guys what you expect

no offence taken, good constructive comments are always welcome

cheers
Ray

As bogtrotter says, people don't tend to move unless you can offer something better than they already have or they get done by who they are supplying at the moment. You are on the right lines though, The most important to my mind is the cash flow.
If the price is fixed through out the season everyone knows where they stand, if payments are made at least monthly so much the better . No point getting a couple of pence a Kilo more and not be paid for 18mths.

Hi Ray,
I found a bit of a problem with dealers not wanting to travel.
I am based around Stirling/Kippen. Someone who travels to the Central area would possibly find
plenty of willing suppliers.
Just a thought.

Alan

Hi Ray,
I found a bit of a problem with dealers not wanting to travel.
I am based around Stirling/Kippen. Someone who travels to the Central area would possibly find
plenty of willing suppliers.
Just a thought.

Alan
Hi Alan
Thanks for the feedback I could figure out costs of pick up and arrange the price accordingly, but no problem doing collections once I have a chilled van
Cheers
Ray

Back