Thread: an evening out with KevinF

an evening out with KevinF

well it all started out in a pub car park (ooerr missus!) I met up with Kevin and we went to his permission. there I had to shoot the obligatory zero card, whilst a selection of Hares, bunnies and a Roe doe looked on critically. after that the walking started, boy! am I glad I dosed up on anti-histamine before going out, I have never seen so many bluebells! talk about fields of gold, these were woods of blue! Kevin proved his eyesite quickly by spotting a muntjac, try as I might I couldn't see it until it ran away sniggering thus was set the tone of the evening try as I might I couldn't see the deer for the wood we had several sightings, including a munty that Kevin squeaked in (that must have looked to any passers by like an Abbott and Costello scene with Kevin telling me the deer is in front of me and me saying "I can't see it " ) I'm not sure if it was the same one taking the mickey but we saw a Roe doe a couple of times, and several other muntys, later on as the light was fading there was the magical sight of 4 fallow drifting along a tree line. no shot taken, but a thoroughly enjoyable evening (bleeding hot though!) certainly worth the time from my point of view, and a very pleasant chap as well

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    well it all started out in a pub car park (ooerr missus!) I met up with Kevin and we went to his permission. there I had to shoot the obligatory zero card, whilst a selection of Hares, bunnies and a Roe doe looked on critically. after that the walking started, boy! am I glad I dosed up on anti-histamine before going out, I have never seen so many bluebells! talk about fields of gold, these were woods of blue! Kevin proved his eyesite quickly by spotting a muntjac, try as I might I couldn't see it until it ran away sniggering thus was set the tone of the evening try as I might I couldn't see the deer for the wood we had several sightings, including a munty that Kevin squeaked in (that must have looked to any passers by like an Abbott and Costello scene with Kevin telling me the deer is in front of me and me saying "I can't see it " ) I'm not sure if it was the same one taking the mickey but we saw a Roe doe a couple of times, and several other muntys, later on as the light was fading there was the magical sight of 4 fallow drifting along a tree line. no shot taken, but a thoroughly enjoyable evening (bleeding hot though!) certainly worth the time from my point of view, and a very pleasant chap as well
    Hi Kenny

Nice humorous write up mate..

Glad you enjoyed the evening despite drawing a blank, im sure you took some new found knowledge away being out with Kevin.

ATB

Terry
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...