Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another .204 mod question

Another .204 mod question

Advice on choice of moderator for .204,with heavy barrel,needed.
    Would a calibre specific mod be the way to go,or would one up to .25 cal do just as good a job?
    Also,was originally looking at ASE SL5 or Northstar. Now I was reading a thread on here,that the SL5 was causing quite a heat haze,now I have noticed this with my Northstar,also. Any suggestions on a good,quiet,stainless mod that hopefully won't give off such a heat haze,weight not too much of a problem. Thanks

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    never had any issues with my sl5 s5 or ase jet z, Re: Heat haze,

anyway the the smaller the hole in the mod (calibre specific ) the better it should be, but not having done tests for some years I can not say this with 100% knowledge,

but what did find years back was that the larger calibre made so much more noise than the smaller cf rifles it's hard to notice unless you have boat load of test gear,

as for another mod to put into the frame,

pez full stainless over barrel mod and get the bushless one so it does not mark your nice new barrel,

best of luck

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Thanks Bob. I'd heard a calibre specific mod may be more effective. Any thoughts on the Jet Z CQB/DM80/Hardy Gen4 or Onelesscharlie? Want to get it right first time.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodlander View Post
    Thanks Bob. I'd heard a calibre specific mod may be more effective. Any thoughts on the Jet Z CQB/DM80/Hardy Gen4 or Onelesscharlie? Want to get it right first time.

ok ok here we go,

ase cqb I use one on my sako, built to last and a great mod.
    ase sl5 223 I use this on my new 20 tac superb and lighter.
    gen 4, lot of money for a mod I don't know to much about, but heard good things
    dm80, I have known Dave for years and he does build great simple mods but I have only ever had 1 cf mod and it was great,
    pez if you look at my photos diary you will see my sako came with one, but I sold it on, great mod a tad to much for me and not cal specific but it was a 223 to 308 so not the best,
    one shot Charlie, look great and the test videos show they are well made, but never seen one on real life,

thats is about it for me big man.

bob.

ps I'm collecting a 204 aimzonic on Sunday, just the make the front end of my NV set up a tad lighter to use, I will report back on its performance ?
    Last edited by bobjs; 10-02-2016 at 22:53.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Many thanks again Bob. Will be very interested to hear your views in it. Take care.

I have a new wildcat on mine and its very good, infact now one moddy and fits 3 rifles with suitable rear bushes and bridging piece. Great bit of kit.

D

Thanks D. Will add that to my list to check out. No gunshops on the islands,so can't get to look at/get the feel of,so am relying on other folks experience,which is no bad thing in itself.

I had a pes/mae muzzle mount on my old remmy .204. Nice and compact and quiet too, well worth speaking to jms arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodlander View Post
    Thanks D. Will add that to my list to check out. No gunshops on the islands,so can't get to look at/get the feel of,so am relying on other folks experience,which is no bad thing in itself.
    Woodlander - how do you get hold of bits for which you need a 'face to face' transaction? Do you travel south to the mainland? I know there used to be a RFD on Orkney but that probably isn't any easier to get to and I think they're gone now anyway.
    Last edited by Leadwasp; 20-02-2016 at 16:02.

i use same .25cal ase s5 on my 223 and 6,5 no difference to my ears
    DONT START