trophy hunting and biodiversity

Mungo

For those that can find a way past the pay wall: worth a read:

DEFINE_ME_WA

I will see if I can find a way to make a PdF publicly available.

(and before you jerk your knees in good old SD 'scientists are a bunch of bleeding heart tree huggers' mode, this comes out as PRO trophy hunting).

I wonder if the uni computers have a way of preventing me doing this, seeing as we have a relationship with Elsevier?

Interesting, what most of us knew already,but good to see that conclusion coming from scientists.
But that's the point: there are countless things that people 'know', and never stop to check carefully.

There is a strong tendency amongst the shooting community to greet any science that agrees with them as 'something bleeding obvious we already knew', and any science that contradicts them as 'agenda driven nonsense'.

I wonder if the uni computers have a way of preventing me doing this, seeing as we have a relationship with Elsevier?

not unless they are stopping you getting to AfricaHunting.com........as that's where I found it!

Google Sci-hub, and you will see someone that has decided to publish (illegally) almost every peer reviewed article in science. Apparently decided that scientific knowledge should be open source.

Back