Thread: Tenzing TZ 930 - Suspension Pack

Tenzing TZ 930 - Suspension Pack

Adjustable to fit vertically around the shoulders and horizontally around the waist, the TZ 930 provides a complete custom fit. Add to this its eleven organizational compartments and four compression straps for attaching extra gear, and you have a pack that can be tailored for any hunt and hunter.
    • fully adjustable vertical suspension
    • comfort moulded foam back pad
    • four-way adjustable waist belt
    • padded hip support
    • eleven total compartments and pockets
    • four specialized zip pockets
    • two pull-out water bottle pockets
    • two upper compression straps to secure load
    • two lower compression straps to attach extra gear
    • model: TZ930

Price: 165 posted UK Mainland

Hard to come by in the UK.

Last one remaining.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tenzing_tz_930.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	66485Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tenzing_tz_930b.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	66486Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tenzing_tz_930c.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	66487

Last edited by Greymaster; 11-02-2016 at 11:21.

Is it fully 100% waterproof??

Quote Originally Posted by Pothunter View Post
    So no then?
    You should not rely on the item as a floatation device, especially the mesh pockets, 100%

Do not reply to people's adverts unless you intend to post a question about the item, or make a helpful comment to add information about the item or otherwise assist the sale.
    Last edited by Greymaster; 11-02-2016 at 23:30.

Mine was a question about the item, which you didn't answer the first time it was asked. And still haven't really.

I might be interested in this item if it was waterproof, but less so if it it's not.

So why not just give a straight answer to a completely neutral, direct question, about the item, asked twice?

Why refer the original questioner to a list which doesn't answer his question?

Why sarcastically tell me it's not a flotation device?

Obviously the mesh pockets are not waterproof, but what about the rest?

I'm not being difficult, I just want to know whether it's waterproof, same as the previous guy.

I don't know many field wear items that the sellers can give a 100% guarantee as 100% waterproof. It is not being marketed in the list of features as 100% waterproof. Some of the pockets have flaps over, some have zips. They are not dive proof zips, and the flaps are retention only not seal. So it as I said it will not float in water. 100% waterproof suggests 100% immersion. But as with watches, then that would be down to a set number of bar. Be realistic.

The family of kit by Tenzing includes back packs with dedicated rain covers built in. The item itself has a yoke and pretty close fitting at that. It is possible to wear a coat over it if you are expecting rain. I would not anticipate that item would be worn over your coat as it would then be too restrictive.

Please post a picture of a 100% waterproof suspension pack when you have located one. That would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Greymaster View Post
    I don't know many field wear items that the sellers can give a 100% guarantee as 100% waterproof. It is not being marketed in the list of features as 100% waterproof. Some of the pockets have flaps over, some have zips. They are not dive proof zips, and the flaps are retention only not seal. So it as I said it will not float in water. 100% waterproof suggests 100% immersion. But as with watches, then that would be down to a set number of bar. Be realistic.

The family of kit by Tenzing includes back packs with dedicated rain covers built in. The item itself has a yoke and pretty close fitting at that. It is possible to wear a coat over it if you are expecting rain. I would not anticipate that item would be worn over your coat as it would then be too restrictive.

Please post a picture of a 100% waterproof suspension pack when you have located one. That would be helpful.
    I have a harkila compact rucksack that is fully waterproof.

Quote Originally Posted by Greymaster View Post

Informative and helpful answer. Thank you.

Free Hultafors Craftsman knife with first 10 purchases (subject to over 18 check).

Carbon Steel Craftsman Knife
    A great hardwearing multi-purpose knife with an extra durable PP handle.
    93mm carbon steel blade
    Ergonomic handle with finger guard
    Knife blade of 2.5 mm carbon steel hardened to 58-60 HRC
    Flat Scandinavian grind honed on leather strop
    Plastic sheath (leather sheath at extra cost)