Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 90 renewal fee.

90 renewal fee.

I have just rang the Humberside FAO enquiring on the progress of my renewal; it is currently being processed, however, they need another 25.00 on top of the 65.00
    that I have already paid for a co-terminous renewal

The reason?

Somehow, my previous renewal application, which was sent to them in plenty of time, seems to have disappeared somewhere in the postal system, so I had to send in a second one, which unfortunately, arrived after the expiration date of my previous certificates.
    This means that protocol insists that they now have to process the application as a GRANT, rather than as a renewal, hence the extra cost.

The good news, my certificate was OPEN, and, although this is being processed as a new application, the OPEN condition will still be in place

As an added warning, my previous (original) certificates were sent with the original application, and so consequently are also missing, as are the addresses of more than one of my permissionsand the names/addresses of my referees.

The post office seems to be unable to locate this item, and the FAO have no record of it arriving.

In future, I will only be sending photocopies of my paperwork, until I have the new ones in my paws!!

Was it sent recorded or Royal Mail special delivery or just posted ?

It is perhaps more likely to have been lost in the office of your FEO - this happens and has happened to me. Some comfort then that the data isnt automatically available. Its easy to be wise after the event but registered/signed for or better still by hand - I always drop them off so that 'lost in the post' can only occur in the constabularies office.

I never send my existing FAC in when I'm due for renewal. What if you require to purchase ammo while they take an age to process it?
    Or is it possibly a case of different regs with your force.

ATB Lee

Quote Originally Posted by teabag_46 View Post
    I have just rang the Humberside FAO enquiring on the progress of my renewal; it is currently being processed, however, they need another 25.00 on top of the 65.00
    that I have already paid for a co-terminous renewal

The reason?

Somehow, my previous renewal application, which was sent to them in plenty of time, seems to have disappeared somewhere in the postal system, so I had to send in a second one, which unfortunately, arrived after the expiration date of my previous certificates.
    This means that protocol insists that they now have to process the application as a GRANT, rather than as a renewal, hence the extra cost.
    Did they bank the cheque that you sent with your initial posting?
    Last edited by Oh6; 11-02-2016 at 18:36.

As Oh6 asks. If they only need the additional 25 one would assume they have the original 65. That being the case they did receive the documents and I would suggest the application was lost in their office (mine was but fortunately I always send recorded, so quoted the name of the signatory. Miraculously it turned up). Check your bank and find out.

As above. cashing the cheque is usually the first thing they do on receiving any applications, be it a renewal or grant.

ATB Lee

AHA! Foiled again! It's their mistake, so if they want to treat it as a renewal (which they don't have to as it WAS received by them in time) they should do it at their own expense! Someone in that Firearms Enquiry Office is either a little dumb (never!) or had a bad day at the office.

Quote Originally Posted by leej View Post
    I never send my existing FAC in when I'm due for renewal. What if you require to purchase ammo while they take an age to process it?
    Or is it possibly a case of different regs with your force.

ATB Lee
    Not sure how you get away with this. GmP make it clear that the original certificate must be enclosed with the variation form. I can understand this as when they issue your new certificate and you still retained the original of the previous you would have multiple current certificates which surely not be compliant.

Quote Originally Posted by moonstone gsp View Post
    Not sure how you get away with this. GmP make it clear that the original certificate must be enclosed with the variation form. I can understand this as when they issue your new certificate and you still retained the original of the previous you would have multiple current certificates which surely not be compliant.
    I got 4 certs at least, D&C say to return them on the renewal letter but I've never been asked too when I haven't.