Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Parcel Farce – Your Importing Experiences Please

Parcel Farce – Your Importing Experiences Please

Hi Guys,

A friend sent a blank rifle stock to me from the USA. It didn’t arrive and when I eventually found the tracking number it was back in the US with a sticker from Coventry Parcel Farce with a handwritten comment “REJECTED”. It was sent again, and although I was watching it on USPS tracking it appeared back in the US in 2 weeks.

Coventry PF deny they ever came into the country!! But it’s got your sticker on it .....

My friend has just had the same with a set of dies!!

I have written to their e mail address as instructed by their international department but as yet no reply. They don’t appear to have a complaints procedure – but obviously need one!

I don’t know if you, or anybody you know, has had anything sent from abroad recently and had a similar experience, but if so I would be pleased to hear about it. I'm not letting go - they owe me $112 !

If anybody needs to import any items I recommend UPS, booked and paid for from here and received in 4 days, including a weekend!

+1 on that, I will never use them again absolute disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by coire257 View Post
    Hi Guys,

A friend sent a blank rifle stock to me from the USA. It didn’t arrive and when I eventually found the tracking number it was back in the US with a sticker from Coventry Parcel Farce with a handwritten comment “REJECTED”. It was sent again, and although I was watching it on USPS tracking it appeared back in the US in 2 weeks.

Coventry PF deny they ever came into the country!! But it’s got your sticker on it .....

My friend has just had the same with a set of dies!!

I have written to their e mail address as instructed by their international department but as yet no reply. They don’t appear to have a complaints procedure – but obviously need one!

I don’t know if you, or anybody you know, has had anything sent from abroad recently and had a similar experience, but if so I would be pleased to hear about it. I'm not letting go - they owe me $112 !

If anybody needs to import any items I recommend UPS, booked and paid for from here and received in 4 days, including a weekend!

Sounds about right for them,they are a disgrace in this day and age,they dont give a damn about customer service. No wonder the likes of hermes etc are growing in popularity......

Sounds like a little group of anti shooting types working in this depot.

To be honest Ive not really had an issue with them that couldn't be sorted out by me collecting from local sorting office.
    That said they are so very very slow, and the tracking fails nearly overtime once package is in this country.
    These days anything I buy from the states I have sent UPS and not USPS

Neil.

Worked ok for me.
    Yesterday an Email requesting payment......gulp, now £13.50 and Vat so total £30. Paid online by card and delivered today.
    Not shooting related though.

Always worked fine for me, although it takes longer to receive the duty and VAT bill through the post within the UK in order to release and deliver than it takes for the goods to get from the US to the UK. And they sting you for a processing fee...

UPS shipping is usually about double the cost of USPS/Parcel Force though

Awfull company, they lost a s&b pm11 I had sent to me. When it turned up it had been opened and was covered in water, they didn't care one bit. The only courier worse than parcel force is Hermes.

Quote Originally Posted by JabaliHunter View Post
    UPS shipping is usually about double the cost of USPS/Parcel Force though
    Which is still cheaper than half price that either never arrives or is so delayed you have lost interest in whatever it was you were waiting for.
    Also UPS will bill you for import duty after delivery, and not charge a handling fee for doing so.

Neil.