Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Audi A4 Estate?

Which Audi A4 Estate?

Hi Folks,

Currently drive a MK5 Hilux, but rising fuel costs and more commuting means it has to go, rather spend the extra cash on stalking. So I am looking at the Audi A4 estate 2.5tdi so I can still pull a trailer and quad and have room for all my gear.
    So many variations I like the 2.5tdi engine have a budget of 8500, do I go sport, avant or one of the other variations??

Any advice by those in the know would be appreciated!

Thanks

Woody

Done just the same this week. Bought a Audi Avant 1.9 TDI Sport, no tow bar but great mileage when I drove it home from Edinburgh. I've had a few Audi's and my wife drives an A3 Sport so go for it with confidence. I will sell my Toyota at the end of the month.
    Good choice.

Two thoughts:

I used have an Audi, but now have a Skoda Octavia estate with the old 1.9l 130hp diesel (t red-d red-i). As far as economy goes, I'd imagine that this engine, or the newer 2l 140hp diesel might be a better bet than the somewhat thirstier 2.5l. Though I suppose if you're towing a lot of the time, more engine makes sense.

The other is that 'sport' versions of A4s certainly used to have lower suspension than the ordinary ones. Not too much of a worry is you are always on good urban roads and motorways, but maybe a disadvantage on rustic tracks.

Hi,

try auto trader for the audi allroad.. a real good car and for 8k you get a lot of motor.
    also do the same for the skoda octavia estate... lot of car for little money bar the name and badge..some like it and swear by it on here. i liked it too and lots of space.
    i personally drive a vw 2.5 tdi transporter van lwb.. yes, goes up most road most tracks and you can sleep in it... 44 mph use it for work too.

goes fast too, for those that link it to other tread ha ha

f.

Quote Originally Posted by centralbeltstalker View Post
    Hi,

try auto trader for the audi allroad.. a real good car and for 8k you get a lot of motor.
    also do the same for the skoda octavia estate... lot of car for little money bar the name and badge..some like it and swear by it on here. i liked it too and lots of space.
    i personally drive a vw 2.5 tdi transporter van lwb.. yes, goes up most road most tracks and you can sleep in it... 44 mph use it for work too.

goes fast too, for those that link it to other tread ha ha

f.
    I like the allroad but issues with the air suspension as well as other bits, can be quite expensive! Had a transporter best van I ever had should never of sold it. Sticking with Audi though car wise!

For what its worth I have an All Road and treat it terribly, bounce across fields up rutted hill tracks etc etc and it hasnt let me down yet. Its got close on 120K on the clock and still going strong. I picked it up for 6k last March on an 52 plate and its a 2.5 TDi.

Hi,

What is it like on fuel? Do like the look of them!

I would say it hovers between 28-32 mpg. Mine spends most of its time driving between home and shoot, and then all over the shoot so I dont have any particularly accurate motor way numbers but I would guess at around 35mpg

i would echo the comment about suspension. i have an A6 avant S line (the wife said it looked a bit low slung but i thought it looked good!!!) and it doesn't like sutherland single track roads........

They are v v v comfortable for long journeys and i will always go back to audi.

Will stay clear of the sport line!