Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Must be mad

Must be mad

Tomorrow I shall be stumbling out of bed a little after 4am to go and see Sikamalc for a day that I've been looking forward to since booking it last summer. I have a morning and evening stalk in search of Muntjac, and hopefully and ending to what has been a bit of a dry spell for me after 3 enjoyable but frustratingly fruitless outings since August.
    I'm sure I'll have a great day, but thinking now of that alarm clock and the forecast of zero degrees does cause me to question my own wisdom!
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Good luck mate, remember to look behind you -those munties jump out from everywhere.

That apprehension will soon be forgotten once you get moving,will look forward to the report.enjoy.......

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn71 View Post
    Good luck mate, remember to look behind you -those munties jump out from everywhere.
    Will do!
    I haven't forgotten your other tip about Malc's place either, I'm going dressed up like a green Michelin man!
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Good luck, Take some photos if you can and watch out for the slippy roads. Cheers Jerry
    Last edited by Jezza308; 11-02-2016 at 18:22.

Whack it in the neck, then you will have something to take home and eat...lol

Enjoy the trip and don't hold back....

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

Good luck mate, may your quarry present itself and your aim be true,

kjf

I have just come in from a cold sit in the highseat for a couple of hours. Saw two Muntjac does and neither looked very fat. One came towards me and settled down chewing the cud 30 metres away and stayed there for an hour! Then the other came across the field and I reckoned the first one may have been her mature kid. The second one was slender as well. So I left them to amble about hoping for a buck. I happened to glance down at my feet and there was a muntjac kid snuffling about, 20 feet away...so I am glad I didn't shoot its mum. Twenty minutes later there was Mum suckling the kid while she licked its tail...lovely sight. Just hope the kid is buck and will be ready in a few months time!

Good luck tomorrow.

Alan
    Last edited by Alantoo; 11-02-2016 at 19:14.

I was up for an amble about early this morning. -3 and had to scrape the ice of the glass before I went. Soon warmed up when walking about, wasn't that bad after all.

You will have a great time with Malc and Todd whatever the weather is like.
    So much to learn and so little time left

Enjoy it Simon,Malcs a great guide and you learn so much being out with him.0 deg,s pah nowt it was -2.5 here at 5 am sunbathing weather
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed