Thread: Hunting wild boar, red deer, roe deer and mouflon in Hungary

Hunting wild boar, red deer, roe deer and mouflon in Hungary

Spent a few days in Hungary with Hungarianhunter, George, what a trip! He is a genuine person and can't do enough for you. Fantastic trip, saw a lot of pigs, red deer, roe and some really big red stags, monsters. Went to a large area of woodland where we saw a lot of mouflon. I shot a medal head and my mate Dave shot one as well. Wonderful area, very high hills and low valleys, beautiful scenary. Met quite a few other hungarian hunters whilst there who were very friendly and nice people and was made very welcome. Accomodation was excellent and so was the food and hospitality. Took my own rifle, acquired the European Firearms Pass from my Police Authority which of course is free, flew with Brussels Airline to Budapest via Brussels, flight at 6.20 am and arrived at Budapest to be picked up by George, in all approximately 6 hours. No problems taking the rifles at all. I will definitely be going back. If you want to know anything about hunting in Hungary with George don't hesitate to get in touch with me.

Will be fixing up some high quality driven pheasant shooting in Hungary for next year, and don't forget you can shoot through February in Hungary (and duck). Half the price of the UK. Will be posting prices and all information later on in the year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1000315.jpg   P1000320.jpg   P1000312.jpg   P1000322.jpg   P1000328.jpg  

That is a great mouflon Herbert well done and looked like a great time was had...did you see any of those huge fallow?

Hi RickyC

No did not see any fallow at all. We tended to stick to areas where the mouflon were because that was my prime objective to get a mouflon. I went to Slovenia some years back to get a mouflon, shot a ewe but did not see a ram but had a chamois ram on the side of the alps. Tried in Croatia but still no luck, so I am happy now. I am having the mouflon as a shoulder mount and it is being done in Hungary for a great price of 150 and George it bringing it back in May.

look forward to seeing a photo of the shoulder mount and again congrats I think hungary is now on the list!

Quote Originally Posted by RickyC View Post
    look forward to seeing a photo of the shoulder mount and again congrats I think hungary is now on the list!
    Just had George and his colleagues stalking with me on the CWD, all of them took a cull animal.

Good luck on the Eland hunt Ricky, look forward to hearing about it on your return. Perhaps we can put something together with George and take a trip out there as he is keen for me to take a trip out to his home so maybe later this summer if you have the time.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Looks fantastic. What is the process of bringing the meat back, if at all?

Cheers

I am glad you to enjoy your hunting trip i look forward to see you again...