Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Allopurinol

Allopurinol

Anyone have any experience of this stuff?, Three days in & I feel like the loser from a championship kick boxing match.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

yep

Taken it every day for my gout for about 15 years- Which I now don't get. Never had any problems

Sh1kar

Nothing on the entry slope then?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I've been on it for years with no problems either

Allopurinol is usually okay but can be quite rough for some individuals, especially when you start taking it. The person you need to talk to is your GP who will be able to give you the advice that is correct for you.

Cheers

Siggy

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy View Post
    Allopurinol is usually okay but can be quite rough for some individuals, especially when you start taking it. The person you need to talk to is your GP who will be able to give you the advice that is correct for you.

Cheers

Siggy

I did get this stuff from the GP, under protest I might add, just wondered if anyone else had the difficulties under start up?

no difficulties i recall

Been on it for years. Controls gout but won't stop an attack if you don't take care of your diet. Odd side effect is that starting the medication will often trigger an attack until it gets into to your system. No real side effects though.

Iain

Feel more inclined to carry it through now knowing this feeling of being run over is probably a known effect, Ta chaps!.

Google gives the following as common side effects.
    http://www.drugs.com/sfx/allopurinol-side-effects.html

Neil.