Thread: All Teal...

All Teal...

A very nice flight the other lunch time , not a lot of wind but a 6 mtr tide was going to cover the marsh.
    Where I was shooting was not a long way in wildfowling distances to back the sea wall but once it covers you route back then even in the day light your footing on narrow paths are easy lost.
    Chip my spaniel swam over the creek several times and is learning to avoid the decoys!!
    4 decoyed very nicely with the other 3 had me twisting around on my knees..
    My rig set up allows a quick set up and retrieve so as the water was close to covering the route back Chip and I bailed out to drier ground...

All ways the one to sort out a better method for my liking I made up my rigs to suit me...
    Loosely based on float ledgering method the lead decoy floats up to the stop knot while the others are fixed to the line with small carabineer clips, they give me the choice to swap out decoys.
    I usually throw groups of 3 out in front then put a set of 4 in a pool close by as it easy to manage.

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

Good read enjoyed it.

Nice, we would call your decoy setup a "gang rig". Works well for deep water since you can drop the main anchor, place one decoy at the top, then spread any remaining out as needed.

In areas with no wind or wave action, will tie a bungee cord in above the anchor. Then you can pull or strum the other end, imparting action to the decoys in otherwise flat water.

Quote Originally Posted by raglan View Post
    Good read enjoyed it.
    Thank you, good fun but you get it wrong more times than you get it right lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Cootmeurer View Post
    Nice, we would call your decoy setup a "gang rig". Works well for deep water since you can drop the main anchor, place one decoy at the top, then spread any remaining out as needed.

In areas with no wind or wave action, will tie a bungee cord in above the anchor. Then you can pull or strum the other end, imparting action to the decoys in otherwise flat water.
    Ta very much, these all go out in one throw and I pull it in to suite the tide.

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....