Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nuisance phone calls - any advise on how to get them stopped ?

Nuisance phone calls - any advise on how to get them stopped ?

Chaps

Ive been round at my folks this morning and they've had 9 nuisance calls from India this morning. I've answered 8 of them and told them to #### off....

Its getting really ridiculous, they generally get around 10 calls a day! Anyone got any advice on how to stop this? Apart from them possibly missing a call from the doctor or something else important it's bloody annoying...

Any advise greatly appreciated...

WH
    “Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.”
    –Fred Bear -

Had the same, bought a bt truecall phone for xmas, havn't had one since. If the phone doesnt recognise the number it plays a recorded message asking for their name then puts them on hold while it rings you and asks if you want to accept the call.

Ask them to hold for a moment while you get the houseowner, then put the phone next to the radio.
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

I had a troop of monkeys keeps calling me day and night from Pakistan trying to Tell me that I had F****** my PPI !!! even as I told them time and again I have not or ever had the bloody thing ?? it drove me off my rocker !So what I did to help this chap out was this ,I use my air horn of the boat and I said could he get as close to the ear set as my voice was not that good and let the F**ker have it every time I got the call from a 0845 or any other number that I was or didt know ??? I just would hold it on the phone and blast the Ba***** with it and after a few days it stopped I still keep it handy as I find they just don't wish to talk to me or the wife anymore now use id blocker no id it rejects the call but cost me each £12 a year ?

join telephone preffrence service on line its free to join

Cheap answering machine and learn to never answer the phone. If it is important, they will leave a message. If it is a spambot, they will eventually clear their lists of your number if they never get a person.

Buy a call blocker off the internet

mate of mine used to get them, he asked when type of underwear they were wearing, including the men,

they stopped ringing.

Quote Originally Posted by MISSTYMOO View Post
    Done that three times now and it's a waste of time. It's got to the point that I don't answer the landline, if someone wants to phone me they use the mobile.
    I have even resorted to unplugging the telephone handset on occasion. If it wasn't for needing a landline connection for the computer We simply wouldn't bother with fixed line telephones.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by MISSTYMOO View Post
    Sadly only a minor help.