Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: opinions please

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

opinions please

just been offered a ssg69 in 243. way to long with the 26" barrel

600 round count all factory ammo,

new short t8 mod

1" and 30mm rings

1 mag

i used one years back in 308 at bisley and it shot well, but I can't remember just how it felt,

your thoughts please as a stalking rifle.

thanks

bob
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

SD Regular
    Nowt wrong, especially .243, with a 26 barrel. "The longer the barrel the nearer the bird" they say of shot guns. If it's able to fit in what you will transport it in AND you can sustain carrying the weight when stalking..why not?

My main concern would be the weight.

Blog Entries
    cherrs lads

it will be chopped to 22". vapour blasted to match my mod, I have a long case and a flippin good sling

bob
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

I've got one in .308. I once did a 7-shot 1" group at 200 yards at East Holme, with a scope that cost 12. .243 was the black police model, I think. You can get an improved trigger guard modification that takes Accuracy International mags for the .308, not sure about the .243.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JTO View Post
    I've got one in .308. I once did a 7-shot 1" group at 200 yards at East Holme, with a scope that cost 12. .243 was the black police model, I think. You can get an improved trigger guard modification that takes Accuracy International mags for the .308, not sure about the .243.
    cheers JTO

i seem to remember that the trigger guard area was a weak spot for damage, trigger I found on the 308 I used to shoot was ok but have read some horror stories but how true they are?

thank you

bob.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    cheers JTO

i seem to remember that the trigger guard area was a weak spot for damage, trigger I found on the 308 I used to shoot was ok but have read some horror stories but how true they are?

thank you

bob.
    It's not so much the trigger guard, more the magazines, my spare one blew apart when hit by an ejecting case. Freak accident, I know. Mine has the double set trigger. Home

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JTO View Post
    It's not so much the trigger guard, more the magazines, my spare one blew apart when hit by an ejecting case. Freak accident, I know. Mine has the double set trigger. Home
    cheers JTO,

i am am having a look at the rifle today on the way to work and if the price reflects that it's a lot more to take on than I want I'll just leave it, but should the sag bug bite then I'll enjoy shooting one again, been a long long time since I laid down in the rain at stickledown.

bob

Them mags are bloody expensive plastic crap had a .308 shot well but more a range rifle imo

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    Them mags are bloody expensive plastic crap had a .308 shot well but more a range rifle imo
    Hi paul.

i loved the 308 at bisley and I like the feel of the rifle so, when you find one that needs a new home and a wee bit of work I went for it,

not or rich money but the difference in cost will catch up with me when I'm finished it,, best bit is the shot count and I know the owner very well, so I hope to collect it real soon, just need to save for a mod for it, glad is here and it comes with rings etc so I hope I'm happy.

bob.