Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rovince tick proof clothing

Rovince tick proof clothing

Seen this and looks interesting, so been toying with the idea of the jacket and pants. Anyone got some, opinions on it and quality of it. Cheers

Got trousers and shirt, quality gear really well stitched, lovely material, feels good to ware, never had a tick so guess it also works!

Quote Originally Posted by The Farmer View Post
    Seen this and looks interesting, so been toying with the idea of the jacket and pants. Anyone got some, opinions on it and quality of it. Cheers
    I was having issues with bringing ticks back a few summers ago and so got some rovince trousers and shirt and can say that Ihave not found a tick on me since. I actually dont wear the shirt much as it does get a bit sweaty tbh. The trousers are very good.

Sounds really good, how does it hold up on wet days. Oh how are the pants noise wise, quiet?

Sounds really good, how does it hold up on wet days. Oh how are the pants noise wise, quiet?
    They are not waterproof but dry very quickly, they are silent. I was a tick magnet before I got them now had them three summers still effective and plenty life in the garments don't know about the repellent. They have had at least 50-60 washes and were still effective last summer.

Stuff sounds good. Little disappointed it's not waterproof though. Guessing it'll be shower proof though.

I'V got them and use them happy to say no ticks in a few years its top kit imo and there shirts are also good in the summer if warm. get daz308 on this site to give you the bla bla

Another option is treating clothing with permethrin yourself which is pretty easy and inexpensive and should last for at least 5-6 washings. I have two friends who are medical entomologists and they consider it to be a good way to reduce tick bites in particular since they often have to crawl up your clothing for a ways before they can do their dirty work.
    Just be aware that permethrin needs a natural fiber like cotton to bond to so it's not so effective with synthetics or tech fabrics. DIY kits are available on amazon and I'm sure in outdoor stores...I've used the Sawyer brand, the article below reports has some info that may be useful/interesting.

http://www.wired.com/2014/05/repelle...ou-from-ticks/

Had the rovince trousers for one season so far. Ideal for spring and summer stalking but once the weather turned I went back to my usual. No ticks so far and seen varying amounts on the deer with the wet and mild weather so they are about. I bought their socks too and tend to tuck the rovince trousers into the rovince socks when wearing my summer light stalking boots.

Hi, I have used this for 2 years now and have not had a tick while wearing it, I just use the shirt and socks.