Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Isuzu D max

Isuzu D max

Hi do many of you guys use these?
    What's your opinions?

Mate of mine is a keeper has one, loves it!

Defender owner for the past 16 years new one every 2 years in 2013 I bought a D max best move I ever made.
    Disadvantages are it’s a touch longer than the rover with a trailer on in tight spaces.

You will have to slip the clutch with a load on the trailer to set off on an incline.
    Other than this for me great vehicle.

Can't fault them great pickup. I'm on my 3rd only change them to upgrade to a newer model. Highly recommend them, reasonable mpg for a pickup as well.
    Pete.

Great pickup. My only gripe is first gear on any kind of incline, mine is also a 2013 so as johndeere says you will need to slip the clutch. I just think it is geared far too high for a first gear.

I have a 65 plate and i cant recomend it enough. It drives really well on the road and is superb off road. Loads of room inside and am getting 32 mpg around town and just under 40 on a run

Done 150'000 in mine in 3 years towing 3tons at times no problems at all touch wood.New model out in late 2016 so good offers out there on new ones.Wont be getting one thought as they have made the engine smaller and don't no if the will be putting a 3litre in the European ones.

Quote Originally Posted by starr shot View Post
    Done 150'000 in mine in 3 years towing 3tons at times no problems at all touch wood.New model out in late 2016 so good offers out there on new ones.Wont be getting one thought as they have made the engine smaller and don't no if the will be putting a 3litre in the European ones.
    Most car manufacturers are fitting smaller engines. You need to compare the bhp. You could be surprised at the performance figures

Have recently got a brand new one as my work vehicle and with the exception of its towing weight, I would have hilux every day over it (and do as my personal vehicle) it feels plasticky, cheap feeling, gearing is awful, and annoying things like cubby boxes on the dash that are utter ****e, clearly designed on CAD and not in the real world. Doors need slamming to close them properly, annoyinly abusive bleeping alarm for seat belts, doors, indicators, towing etc.......Also fuel consumption is much worse than my hilux, so far haven't got more than 24mpg compared to 35 on my hilux.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    Have recently got a brand new one as my work vehicle and with the exception of its towing weight, I would have hilux every day over it (and do as my personal vehicle) it feels plasticky, cheap feeling, gearing is awful, and annoying things like cubby boxes on the dash that are utter ****e, clearly designed on CAD and not in the real world. Doors need slamming to close them properly, annoyinly abusive bleeping alarm for seat belts, doors, indicators, towing etc.......Also fuel consumption is much worse than my hilux, so far haven't got more than 24mpg compared to 35 on my hilux.
    What year is your hilux ? Everyone I know who has the newer 2.5litre one have said they don't get much more than 27mpg in them.
    I understand with all the bleeping but all new vehicles sound like this now.
    I actually complained to the garage about the gearing but was told by the Toyota/isuzu salesman that the Toyotas were the same .
    Last edited by weejohn; 14-02-2016 at 22:31.