Thread: The Jet Sleds are here!

The Jet Sleds are here!

Myself and IanF have just received our Jet Sleds from the USA. Seems these items are extremely hard to get hold of in the UK. The sleds are very robust and should make life much easier with those tricky extractions.

I will post a review when I put it through its paces.

Attachment 66643

Attachment 66644

Looks a handy tool, would like to know how you get on with it.

$50 in the states, 200 here.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

I was hoping to pick a Jet Sled up from a UK supplier, but he had no plans to bring any more in. The import from the US route looked to be a bit pricey once all the agencies had grabbed a slice, so I looked elsewhere. There's an alternative that can be bought for 60 euro and might be a bit easier on freight charges (free if total order value is 100 euro), vat (nil), and import duty (nil).

http://www.frankonia.de/Wildwanne+Schlittenform/Ansicht.html?Artikelnummer=188030&navCategoryId=62 166

Attachment 66647

Overall this one is a better size for my needs than the Jet Sled model(s) and I calculated it would be a better price overall. There are also a range of accessories available for it including, cover, towing frame for quad, etc.

http://www.frankonia.de/jagd/ausrues...n/Artikel.html

Quote Originally Posted by long_range_rob View Post
    200 here.
    Total price delivered for each of was 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    There are also a range of accessories available for it including, cover, towing frame for quad, etc.
    The Jed Sled has all of those options.

What are they made of, HDPE ?

I have been using one for some years now and they are an excellent product handy for various tasks not just deer but firewood retrival ect mine has been pulled over everything rough and smooth wet and dry with some large red stags in it and has so far stuck the job very well with no holes worn through just yet, it keeps carcasses clean when gralloched and that is the plus point on the long pulls as that gralloch weighs some alright and if head and legs are removed as well all the better but it will still keep you fit mind ;-)......

Damian.

SD Regular
    I love mine. I wanted to get the extra runners for it to protect against wear, but couldn't source them, so I used some old metal carpet/vinyl grippers - runs smooth and is a great tool for anything needing dragging.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........