Thread: threading for a moderator

threading for a moderator

loos like i am going to have to succumb and get a moderator fitted , anybody got a ball park figure for the threading and proof testing required

Not sure where your based but Mr Kershaw in Howden Yorkshire has an excellent reputation for accurate and neat work and short turn around time. Forrest Lodge at Wragby in Lincolnshire use a firm in Lincoln. You would need to contact them to get up to dat prices.

Proofing is not required by law on a moderator thread.

result Howdens about 10 miles from me , I have been led to believe that proofing is a requirement when the integrity of the barrel has been altered

Quote Originally Posted by bogwelly View Post
    result Howdens about 10 miles from me , I have been led to believe that proofing is a requirement when the integrity of the barrel has been altered
    Ahhh some would like it so but it's not. Now some gunsmiths have to submit to proof to stay within their insurance policies or so it seems. I brought a used Parker-Hale 25-06 just before Christmas that had been threaded 1/2"UNF for a moderator and it has not been re-proofed. There was a court case Crown verses Beatham and the crown lost.

Steve Kershaws number is:-

01430-430553

I shall be up there either Wednesday or Thursday to collect my BSA 303 that Steve has fitted a new barrel to .

i was told around 140 from my local gun shop in leeds, cheers rich

Threading

Quote Originally Posted by bogwelly View Post
    Bogwelly

You will have a PM