Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: No Bucks

  1. #1

    No Bucks

    Hi All went up to scotland to our syndicate for the weekend three of us not a buck to be seen ?? . I see 8 does 3 red hinds and and a young hind follower . it was red hot weather wise lovely afew midges but not biteing to bad.Went fishing sat had about 10 trout had em under grill for tea.

  2. #2
    Regular Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Galloway south west scotland
    Posts
    490
    Hi biglad, If you go up onto the shoulder of hill, on the west side, about 200 yds from the end and wiat till dusk, you should impove your cull figures.

    Dry Powder.

    Barry

  3. #3
    not good big lad where abouts...

    any signs of deer there. any tree damage from bucks
    do you think the weathers beat them ... i.e the harsh cold from winter
    Last edited by centralbeltstalker; 24-05-2010 at 20:47. Reason: additional info

  4. #4
    Hi Biglad

    The last 3 weekends have been good for me, 3 six pointers and 3 cull bucks, weather has been right, they are out there I am sure. I will be putting the rifle away in about a fortnight, the bucks always seem hard to find in June, but this year I think the deer are a couple of weeks behind their normal development, I would guess because of the hard winter.

    Wish you Good hunting

    Tahr

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by centralbeltstalker View Post
    not good big lad where abouts...

    any signs of deer there. any tree damage from bucks
    do you think the weathers beat them ... i.e the harsh cold from winter
    Hi mate there is alot of deer and plenty of bucks just a **** weekend that we dident drop on any bucks D & G area

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    Hi Biglad

    The last 3 weekends have been good for me, 3 six pointers and 3 cull bucks, weather has been right, they are out there I am sure. I will be putting the rifle away in about a fortnight, the bucks always seem hard to find in June, but this year I think the deer are a couple of weeks behind their normal development, I would guess because of the hard winter.

    Wish you Good hunting

    Tahr
    Cheers mate hope to get on them next trip up. Cheers Neil

  7. #7
    sound,

    lots of fish though

    three members of our syndicate also where up this weekend and had a bad result.
    two bucks for three lads all good active stalkers for three full days.... two different sites 1000 acres in one not 100% sure of other site size
    bucks do seem to be a bit scarce on the ground.
    not sure whether its just them hiding till rut starts or what.
    very little scraping though which is unusual
    i was planning on going friday and have now temporarily prosponed...
    i know i may have different results as deer are unpredictable.. but give the ground a wee rest.

    f.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by centralbeltstalker View Post
    sound,

    lots of fish though

    three members of our syndicate also where up this weekend and had a bad result.
    two bucks for three lads all good active stalkers for three full days.... two different sites 1000 acres in one not 100% sure of other site size
    bucks do seem to be a bit scarce on the ground.
    not sure whether its just them hiding till rut starts or what.
    very little scraping though which is unusual
    i was planning on going friday and have now temporarily prosponed...
    i know i may have different results as deer are unpredictable.. but give the ground a wee rest.

    f.
    get up there you never know it mit be a cracking weekend and deer everywear i went to st boswells last week end. Diffrent story there wear plenty bucks but i was unlucky to drop on the other lads got three there is some good heads on im going back for the rut.. Cheers Neil...

  9. #9
    get up there you never know it mit be a cracking weekend and deer everywear i went to st boswells last week end. Diffrent story there wear plenty bucks but i was unlucky to drop on the other lads got three there is some good heads on im going back for the rut.. Cheers Neil...


    i must admit i am tempted ha ha
    it did sound good when i wrote it ha ha..

    i got one the last time i was there so i didnt want to rub it in to them

    i think you have twisted my arm ha ha

    f.

  10. #10
    Well followed your advise ha ha

    arrived at 1830 yesterday and left at 0630 this morning

    last night seen 3 bucks and three does

    this morning two bucks and two does.

    this was one of them,

Similar Threads

  1. Bucks
    By Finnish in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 28-05-2010, 22:18
  2. still no bucks
    By bunnydan in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 12:07
  3. still no bucks
    By bunnydan in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-05-2009, 13:10
  4. no bucks
    By bunnydan in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 26-04-2009, 13:10
  5. Where have all the bucks gone?
    By Nick Gordon in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 27-05-2008, 07:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •