Thread: Renewal question

Renewal question

My certificate comes up for renewal in a few months. At the same time I was going to sell (dispose of) my blaser rifle and barrels and purchase a new rifle. However, due to the blaser system of rifle and seperate barrels I would be without a usable rifle for the duration of certificate processing. How can I get around this? Thanks.

only way i can see is put a vari 1 4 1 in for another rifle before renewal then sort out everything else out later,
    DONT START

Easiest would be to either sell and change rifles before renewal or waiting until your renewal is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Boarboy View Post
    My certificate comes up for renewal in a few months. At the same time I was going to sell (dispose of) my blaser rifle and barrels and purchase a new rifle. However, due to the blaser system of rifle and seperate barrels I would be without a usable rifle for the duration of certificate processing. How can I get around this? Thanks.

Why would you be without a usable rifle for the duration of the processing? Your old certificate will remain in force until revoked or expired, and there's no need to send it in when you submit the forms for your renewal (despite what they may tell you).
    Therefore, keep on using the rifle you want to change right up until the point your new cert kicks in (which will be the same day that your old one expires) and then go straight out and chop it in for your new rifle.
    I would send in your renewal forms now if I was you, so you've got a good chance of it being processed before expiry.
    Last edited by VSS; 16-02-2016 at 16:54.

Sssex has a pretty quick turn around at the moment, most people are getting things processed within a week or two. As has been said though keep your old cert until the new one is ready unless you don't mind waiting a week or so.

Why not just put in for an additional rifle as part of the renewal.

That way you can continue to use your existing rifle until your renewal comes through and you have found brought the replacement. You can then take your time finding a buyer for the blaser.

Quote Originally Posted by VSS View Post
    Why would you be without a usable rifle for the duration of the processing? Your old certificate will remain in force until revoked or expired, and there's no need to send it in when you submit the forms for your renewal (despite what they may tell you).
    Therefore, keep on using the rifle you want to change right up until the point your new cert kicks in (which will be the same day that your old one expires) and then go straight out and chop it in for your new rifle.
    I would send in your renewal forms now if I was you, so you've got a good chance of it being processed before expiry.
    Ok. I just thought if I was to trade in against the new, then the gun dealer would want the old there and then, mark as sold/bought then I go back and buy the new when I have the permission on my new certificate to do this? I could have it all wrong!