Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zeiss poor customer service...or just a bad day?

SD Regular

Zeiss poor customer service...or just a bad day?

I spoke with a "Chris" today via the telephone contact number on the Zeiss UK Sport Optic website. I was extremely disappointed with the man's response, seemingly "laid back" attitude (so "laid back" in fact he sounded almost horizontal) and his mantra to "contact a local dealer for information on products".

So I asked if it was possible to speak to their "Marc".

He said that he knew of no Marc in Sport Optics and when I called back again and said that the contact was Marc Overston said he did not have those details, of such a person, in his directory.

I have three Zeiss 'scopes (or rather I now have two as I have lost one and wish to replace it) all Diavari-C and wish to know what you have that is the equivalent of my misplaced 3-9x36 Diavari T* "Made in Germany".

Or if indeed there might be a new old stock one somewhere within Zeiss or a lead to a dealer in UK that might have one still on the shelf.

The 'scope is to fit a Holland and Holland one inch side mount and I am a deer stalker, not James Bond, so 3-9x36 is optimum for my needs. I do not wish to snipe at deer at four hundred yards!

He had no idea of the product Zeiss currently offered chorusing "contact a local dealer for information on products" and appeared indifferent as to whether I bought a Zeiss product or not. With no offer, even though I asked, to be put through to someone in Sport Optics who knew the product line.

I did tell him that I had seen a Swarovski current equivalent...their Z3 3-9x36...but I don't like 'scopes with eagles on the side....and wanted to remain with Zeiss.

The calls I made were a disappointment to me and the lesson, I intimated to him, was that despite having over 3,000 worth of Zeiss 'scopes and binoculars was clear...take my business to Swarovski.

I await a reply from the PM I have sent to Marc Overton at Zeiss via this Forum.
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 16-02-2016 at 20:53.

Always worth one phone call to Gregor in Tain, surprising what stuff he can have squirreled away.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

SD Regular
    Ah. Alas...there the cupboard is bare! My first port of call too!

Ask to speak with Mark Karn.He will sort out your poor service-you deserve better!Good luck.Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by richard griffith View Post
    Ask to speak with Mark Karn.He will sort out your poor service-you deserve better!Good luck.Richard.
    Very much doubt it Mark now works for Viking Arms selling Meopta

Thanks for update.Richard

Marc Overton is overseas on holiday for a few days , i will contact him and ask him to look into it
    Zeiss Pro Stalker and Agent for Starlght Night Vision

Quote Originally Posted by Wsm View Post
    Thats a shame he was good, sent me some turret caps Foc about three years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Wsm View Post
    I wondered what he was doing at the British shooting show, helping out on another stand.

SD Regular
    Got a call back from Zeiss UK this morning. They'd seen my post and normal, efficient, helpful, professional, service has been resumed. So a big thank you to all on here and to their 'Gary'. I'll write yesterday's disappointing call down as a 'one off'...and certainly not 'normal service'...which has now restored my faith in what, else yesterday, has always been of the best. Thread closed I think?