Loopknot

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and from Caithness. Iv never undertaken any form of deer stalking despite always being very interested in it. Being brought up in Caithness before I moved away due to a work career, I always knew it was here on my door step but never thought of getting involved in it, which in my earlier years could have been a missed opportunity. I moved back to Caithness 5 years ago after being involved in a very busy career based mainly overseas and am happy being back in my home county.

Iv asked to join because having a bit more time on my hands being locally employed, I can have the chance to learn more about this activity. Coming back from salmon fishing when on some of the River Thurso beats last year, I have seen some lovely condition stags being taken off the hill from somewhere between Westerdale and the Strathmore Lodge area that fired my interest again and have been fortunate to watch red deer hinds crossing the river just in front of me which was great to witness from such a close distance.

I will see where my interest with this takes me now and hope that I can learn from being a member.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Last edited:
Back