Thread: Sako 75 cocking fault advice.

Sako 75 cocking fault advice.

Had a worrying occurrance tonight, I shot a roe doe then her follower and reloaded. Didn't quite feel right closing the bolt and I couldn't put the safety on. I opened the bolt and removed the bullet and mag. Closed the bolt again didn't feel right, loose, the sear wasn't picking up the pin bit on the bottom of the bolt in fact sometimes it was only partially picking it up (still the safety could not be engaged)and just by wiggling the bolt the pin would release.

When I got home I took the stock out and after a few goes the problem resolved itself.

Is this just a bit of crap stuck in the mechanism and a good blow out with an airline should sort it or shall I get it looked at?

Any advice much appreciated George

Found this, it sounds just like my problem so might try cleaning etc.

Sako M591 cocking/safety catch problem

Have taken trigger set off the action, looks like it is full of crap. I thgink a good clean should sort it, will pay close attention to where the trigger 'step' meets the sear I think.
    Last edited by liongeorge; 16-02-2016 at 21:32.

Hi George.
    Try this, cycle the bolt back, as you feed the bolt back to closed, shove the trigger forward and try to put the safety on after the bolt is closed? if this works, you trigger may be set too light for the sear to engage. if so, adjust slightly and it should be ok.
    atb blue...

My 75 had a lockup prob found that the hex bolt had came lose on the trigger group but not saying yours is the same .

To me the question is not so much if you need to get it checked, more can you afford not to get it checked??

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    My 75 had a lockup prob found that the hex bolt had come loose on the trigger group but not saying yours is the same .
    Found a similar problem on a brand new sako 85.Easily fixed, but had the potential to be quite dangerous.
    Last edited by deeangeo; 16-02-2016 at 22:59.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Quote Originally Posted by deeangeo View Post
    Found a similar problem on a brand new sako 85.Easily fixed, but had the potential to be quite dangerous.
    I saw this same loose trigger mounting screw on a new Tikka T3. It mounts the same as the Sako trigger. They are actually the same trigger afterall.

I disassemble, clean and check every rifle I acquire whether new or used in order to catch these things.

Didn't, the FC return some rifles, due to accidental discharge/ safety concerns ?