Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Million plus wild Raccoons in Germany

Million plus wild Raccoons in Germany

I had no idea that Raccoons had been introduced into Europe . I seriously doubt that they will be able to exterminate them , they are very intelligent , resourceful animals . Vancouver , BC , has been trying to control them for years , unsuccessfully . I can see them doing some serious damage to indigenous species , definitely not a good idea .

AB

If you have them in Europe, you better get used to them. Once they are targeted, they wise up fast. The only natural control we have for them here is coyotes and rabies/distemper - and those "cures" are as bad or worse than the "disease".

Worse, is they are absolute hell on the nests of ground nesting birds.

SD Regular
    Germany's equivalent of our grey squirrel then..except bigger and nastier. I saw an item that says that pythons are now a problem in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    Germany's equivalent of our grey squirrel then..except bigger and nastier. I saw an item that says that pythons are now a problem in Florida.

I would say the Big Mac poses a greater problem...

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

We had one on our hunting lodge roof when i was there in december. Our guide said they were desendants of pets of american soldiers that had escaped or been let loose

Quote Originally Posted by Scots_stalker View Post
    We had one on our hunting lodge roof when i was there in december. Our guide said they were desendants of pets of american soldiers that had escaped or been let loose
    That's bad when American soldiers escape or get let loose! Very irresponsible!
    MS

Perhaps there will be an interest in these soon. Coonhound - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SD Regular
    Here in the Midlands, of course we have the "famous" or not so famous wild wallabies of the Derbyshire Peak District.

OTOH if we condemn these pesky raccoons should we not also condemn the muntjac and CWD that arrived in UK by similar means?

I know that possum can be eaten...can raccoons?

How do I get this added to my Licence, coon hunting, I fancy a bit of that, something different to hang on game wall :-)