Deer skinning on you tube

Beowulf

Hi All,
Wadas told me about this you tube video and I thought, we could do with this on the site! There are five videos in all. Enjoy!

What you on about 300wsm? :confused: :rolleyes: He cut the legs in the proper places. The exact place i was taught to cut them by a very good Head ranger friend of mine.

I shall definately be using the technique of doing it on one of those stands in the future instead of hanging from the rafters in my shed. ;)

wadas

Well I just used his skinning method on a muntjac doe and it was very easy!

Ever heard the expression 'Theres more than one way to skin a cat?' ;)

Sikamalc uses the same sort of tressle when he is in Scotland, very good piece of kit I'll make one I think.

I would look at the vid again, as he got them on the flats, notice how he just cut round the skin below the hock and then just a little jar on the joint and it came away no problem. When you get that back leg wrong, as in(too close to the tendans) you know about it, as this can knacker your chances of being able to hang it as you can get too close to the tendans and have very little to hang it with. :D

wadas

My carcasse prep and larder work was always well commented on when shooting deer for the commission in their larder too, i even have it in writing, so there. ;)
After all is said and done and joking apart, the guy did a good job with the deer prep and i personally thought it was good for those that needed a little hand with skinning and jointing a carcasse. I just thought you were a bit quick to comment on something that was either here nor there. :lol:

wadas

I really have got to stop posting information that maybe helpful to novice stalkers! Rounds or flats...'Whuppty bleeding doo'! Who gives a toss. This information came free, it was useful and it does the job.

Good grief!

I agree Mr. B.
Wadas, you get your round joint and hit 300wsm with it.
300wsm, you get your flat joint and hit Wadas with it.
Then please post to let us know which one hurt the most!

If the legs came off as cleanly as that for me everytime I would be a happy bunny!

Andy don't tempt Wadas to hit anyone, he is a bit of a Godzilla monster on the side! Its all that being stuck up in Scotland on the side of a mountain contracting for the FC. I think he got bitten by a werewolf! :eek:

300wsm maybe you would like to make a full length video of how to skin and butcher a deer properly and post it on the thread. I for one would be interested in a positive response rather than all these negative posts. :confused:

I have to agree with Beowulf, what bloody difference does it make anyway, it was educational and interesting for those wanting to learn, even those that have done a bit too. That`s my last word on the bloody subject now where`s that round ended joint Andy? :lol:

wadas

Back