Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATN X sight

ATN X sight

Anyone used one? Are they all they are cracked up to be? Will be waiting for the new one coming out in April/May and buying from Scott Country if they are worth the 779 price tag that is....cheers Lee

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by cowsmart View Post
    Anyone used one? Are they all they are cracked up to be? Will be waiting for the new one coming out in April/May and buying from Scott Country if they are worth the 779 price tag that is....cheers Lee

I have used one and found it not to my liking at all.

software issues etc. but there are a few more people that have stuck with them and say they are happy but its not where I would spend my money.

now I had a look at a competitor at the shooting show and its just silly and from what I have seen of this item you would do well to hang on, I also had the pleasure of meeting the man behind it and it will knock seven bails out of the market, to include photon and I think it will steel the lower end of the digital market,

mark my words it will be a cracking bit of kit for the money and from what I have seen its top notch, sadly I do not have any idea when it will be ready but I will have one just for the sake of it.

I am a big fan of the Drone but its not everyone's cup of tea and is a lot lot more money than the x sight.

best wishes in your search. and do a lot more research on the scope before you part with your hard earned cash, as it seems no one wants your second hand on, or if they do you may not get back what you expect.

bob.
    Last edited by bobjs; 17-02-2016 at 15:52.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Thanks for the reply...this is going on my .22-250 as a night foxing gun, which leaves me a spare Leupold vx3 which I bought last year...guess it's a bit of an over kill to stick it on a anshutz .22lr...but don't think I can part with it just yet.

The X Sight is not at all well regarded in the NV community
    Actually, it's a great digital day sight and has all the bells and whistles anyone could ever want (HD recording, wireless, GPS etc, etc)
    However, what makes it a great day sight is also what makes it a very poor NV device - namely a sensor with lots of very small pixels which work well when there is plenty daylight around but barely work at all when it gets dark.
    For rimfire ranges the Photon XT 6.5 is the best value for money and for CF ranges the Drone Pro is the best available.
    I hope that the NV device bobjs is talking about does actually reach the market, but I'd be surprised if it is on sale by this time next year.

Cheers

Bruce

Was it the new NVUK front add on..Artemis I think it is called?

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Was it the new NVUK front add on..Artemis I think it is called?
    no bud,

a complete new new scope but I think Bruce has said what I did not want to say, it will be a while but I can say this, it will upset a few of the other suppliers etc,

if its a dedicated NV set up,then I would look no further than the drone pro, and the new x10 is also very very well respected buy many on the NV forum,

I wish you you well but don't get mugged on the way back from the bank there are a few not to good bits of kit out there,

bob.
    Last edited by bobjs; 18-02-2016 at 08:47.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

ive been using the 3-12 on my 223 for over a year now and still happy with it.there were a few problems when they first came out but soon sorted with new firmware..don't know what you want from nv but I happy shooting mine out to 250yds at night with a nm800 ir on it..

Nice to see a reply from someone that actually owns and uses one and is happy with it rather than the normal my mate says........forum clap trap.......

From a happy DFA 75 owner........

I have to agree that there are better nv units out there,but at silly money.will they increase the amount of fox I shoot more than the x sight...no..

I hope they are better than the one tested last year on a 300 blkout. What I don't like about them.

1. Heavy
    2. Lots of unnecessary gadgets
    4. Battery hungry
    5. Digital is worse than the worse optical you can buy used during full daylight conditions.
    6. Refresh rate is slow
    7. Digital at night is a lot worse than say a pulsar N750
    8. External IR couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding.

Only advantage about 30 minutes past last light on a dark night when you'd pull up stumps with my Swarovski. Other that what do you expect for the money?
    Blaser K95 Stutzen - the ultimate deer stalking rifle