Watch and discuss...

What is there to discuss Kevin? Sadly we all know this goes on; now that its illegal it just makes it more exciting for those involved. The supporters will just say that it was taken before hunting was banned and that it is a 'pure' form of chase; the opponents will see them as pikey scum (sorry, not allowed to call them pikeys any more under the race relations act, now they have to be called Caravan Using Nomadic Travellers (It is acceptable to abbreviate this)). I have reported videos and still photos like this to the police before but they are not interested even when the faces and locations are clearly recognisable. I heard of a speeding motocyclist getting prosecuted on the basis of a video he took of his own speedo showing about 160mph on a public road. Afraid that rural crime just simply isn't sexy enough for todays justice system, doesn't tick the right boxes. JC

Last edited:
It goes to show how they still get away with broadcasting illegal activities on the internet.

I wonder if it was someone's dog chasing children or someone making drugs would it stay posted on the net???

It goes to show how they still get away with broadcasting illegal activities on the internet.

I wonder if it was someone's dog chasing children or someone making drugs would it stay posted on the net???

Thats the same argument that I used.

There are even poaching/wildlife crime websites thinly disguised with references to 'Countrymen' etc. Jacks Shed is one where they frequently used to show photos of deer poaching and bow hunting and make references to badger digging etc, I think they are a bit more careful now or, more likely, it has gone deeper underground if you'll pardon the pun.

Shame we live in a country where crimes are prioritised in order of easiest to solve and therefore make the monthly returns look a little better.

I forget the exact figures but a Policeman friend of mine once told me that in a high proportion of unlawful killings (outside of metropolitan areas) the killer either takes thier own life, waits at the scene for the Police or hands themself in the next day, yet the conviction rate is still very low, basically if they try to get away with it (and don't have previous DNA records on file) then they are unlikely to be convicted.

What chance does rural crime have?!

JC

Makes my blood boil at the sight of these vids, ive seen two roe does in the last two months which have been killed by pikeys with dogs. No respect for the deer, especially as they would have been heavy with young. Whats annoying is that we cant do anything about it. Police dont care, they wont stand up for you if you use force to stop these people and if you use force without the rozzers knowing, then the pikeys are likely to come back and kill your dog, burn your vehicle or worse. How do you stop people doing it? Short answer is you cant. I mean if you cant stop someone if they break into your own house, how are you going to stop someone slipping a dog on your permission.

Unlikely that a speed freak biker would react with illegal firearms, or other fear inducing tactics to avoid arrest, whereas your pikey, or as we are now using a better term mentioned above, could be expected to do the aforementioned, what do you expect as a reaction from plod?

When I was a teenager I was hunting in deep December snows in the Berkshire Mountains of western Massachusetts. I could hear a ruckus in the woods and soon a whitetail doe jumped a stone wall at the edge of the pasture and bounded into deep snow, exhausted. Soon a pack of dogs jumped the wall and I started shooting them with 12 ga slugs and"OO" buck shot. Killed one outright and badly wounded the others (later finished off). The doe just walked past me, within arms reach, and off into the wood behind me.

I kill dogs running deer. Mine or anyone elses.~Muir

The dog would of needed a bit of lead or a fast bullet at that speed! ;)

When I was a teenager I was hunting in deep December snows in the Berkshire Mountains of western Massachusetts. I could hear a ruckus in the woods and soon a whitetail doe jumped a stone wall at the edge of the pasture and bounded into deep snow, exhausted. Soon a pack of dogs jumped the wall and I started shooting them with 12 ga slugs and"OO" buck shot. Killed one outright and badly wounded the others (later finished off). The doe just walked past me, within arms reach, and off into the wood behind me.

I kill dogs running deer. Mine or anyone elses.~Muir

I took over some ground that was overun by by "travellers" running their dogs. Was out foxing late one night with a policeman friend of mine when we spied some poachers with dogs. We waited for a dog to be slipped and my mate said "shoot it"! So I did. The poachers took to their heels and legged it, leaving the carcass of the dog behind. We no longer have problems there!

So I am with you Muir and Dan. The stupid thing I did was to post what I had done on another site where such things crop up, I no longer frequent that site. To say that I was threatened gives little value to the spite, venom and bile that came my way from the internet Pikeys. It is something I have done, and would do again although I love my dog.

ft

The loss of a dog is, in anyones book a big knock to take, as invariably they are a part of the "family", but as Muir states, his own or anyone elses, Just a big shame the Pikeys don't value the dogs as others do!

Unlikely that a speed freak biker would react with illegal firearms, or other fear inducing tactics to avoid arrest, whereas your pikey, or as we are now using a better term mentioned above, could be expected to do the aforementioned, what do you expect as a reaction from plod?

'What reaction do I expect from plod?'... Simple Steve, when I dial 999 and report a crime I expect a Police car with me within ten minutes, is that too much to ask?

If I asked for a fire engine it would be there, likewise a Lifeboat or Coastguard (with slightly longer response time). Only when they get on scene do they decide on the action to be taken. It is only the Police who want to discuss the matter on the phone before responding and, in the case of rural crime, generally not respond at all. HMCG, RNLI and a lot of Firefighters all have other jobs and respond to a shout by pager but still come.

Afraid that I don't agree with the idea of shooting dogs though. I once shot an exhausted park red deer that was being chased by a dog, the owners of the dog came running thinking that I had shot their pet and got a shock to see the deer dead and their 'harmless' pooch ragging it.

We started an insurance claim against them (thier property, the dog, damaging our property, the deer. Same as a tree in your garden falling on my greenhouse) for the loss of the deer but it fell through.

JC

Last edited:
this clip is just a clip from a full hour length dvd that is abvailable if your in the right circles(im not just know my local dog man who is handy to keep the pikeys off my ground as long as he can have the foxes not that he gets that many ) the guys running the dogs sound as if they are from south lancashire way and it mainly features hares but when theyre out lamping every animal they come across is coursed ,they take a munty a spiker red stag with 5 dogs and the only thing that worrys them is when one of there dogs is slipped on a fox and i courses a badger instead when. i was keepering we had constant trouble with lads running our reds so we spent a fortune putting up high tensile wire at neck height of the average running dog resulting in insant death when hit at high speed ,over the course of a fortnight we picked up 3 bull cross dogs from where they dropped and once word got around the dog men our problems slowed right down, and before i get the usual it aint the dogs fault crack when your having to shoot 2 and 3 month old calfs stood by there mothers body with there back ends chewed to bits and there throats cut then the dogs get no simpathy in afraid

Agreed Swatty, im not out there to shoot dogs, but its the only option sometimes, if it stops them coming back then its worth it. I think anonymity has to be the way forward if your having trouble on your land, if you can, although its difficult if your the keeper or similar.

WRONG WRONG WRONG

Are we stalkers or are we animals...
I dont agree with this never have never will.
this isnt only pikeys by the way.... call 999 and report it...

Cruelty at the highest level

F.

WRONG WRONG WRONG

Are we stalkers or are we animals...
I dont agree with this never have never will.
this isnt only pikeys by the way.... call 999 and report it...

Cruelty at the highest level

F.

+1..

Ive witnessed a very upset and apologetic fella whose dog took off after a deer which he said was out of character.. the guy seemed genuinely distraught and upset..

Dogs arent robots and sometimes like a child they can have a moment.

We have a puppy in the family and how boring would it be if it didnt have character..

So anybody that recons thay have the right to be judge jury and executioner can think again..

It may not be black and white.. And its too late once the triggers pulled

With four kids our dogs a huge member of the family and somebody meaning it harm will reap what they sow ten fold.:evil::evil:

Terry

Back