Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thermal sight Vs Fox

Thermal sight Vs Fox

A short clip of fox coming to it's end via a thermal unit on a .204 at 120 mteres.
    What do you think those 'roos are saying?

Grant.
    Don't hide from your mates in the bush!

What thermal is that mate?

Quote Originally Posted by tedsalad View Post
    What thermal is that mate?
    It's something flash. Belongs to a mate here. I'll try to find out the type.
    Grant.

Pretty to watch.

Waasup mate, you had one too many tinnies then?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Christ alive you've got big mice?

.....sorry, just noticed location.
    Last edited by JockStalk; 19-02-2016 at 13:45.
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-02-06 02.56.05.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	285.1 KB 
ID:	66871Here's the reply I got from the owner. You can see he's a bit excited over it.
    Gday mate....Its an amazing bit of gear eh...to be able to record things like shooting that fox is fantastic...
    The scope itself is a Pulsar Apex XD75, magnification 3-6x, so not a lot there. It has about 10 different types of x-hairs, most of which are very heavy, nothing like the fine duplex we are used too. Interesting thing to try and sight in, as it works off heat, and doing it in the daytime takes some doing. I have mine roughly sighted in at 130m, and I did this by putting an A3 white bit of paper on the board, and folding a piece of alfoil up about 10 times to a square of around 21/2 inches, the alfoil conducts a fair bit of heat and can be distinguished from the white paper, which actually looks black when looked at through the scope. At 130m the cross hairs completely blank out the alfoil, so there is an element of guess work involved too. So far im having about a 90% strike rate in the alfoil, so getting there. I guess in setting the bar fairly high in regards to sighting it in, i should put a larger piece of alfoil on but doing it this way commits me to holding the whole thing super still.
    Hope you enjoyed the short video mate, I am only learning how to do ALL this at the moment, so things should get better as time goes on and I learn how to do more. I would like to down the track, get a recorder with sound, that would be something else, be able to listen to me swear and curse when I miss...(lol)
    If you want any more info, let me know mate....
    Cheers.....Ian
    Last edited by Samhuntvic; 20-02-2016 at 22:48. Reason: Add picture

Quote Originally Posted by Samhuntvic View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-02-06 02.56.05.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	285.1 KB 
ID:	66871Here's the reply I got from the owner. You can see he's a bit excited over it.
    Gday mate....Its an amazing bit of gear eh...to be able to record things like shooting that fox is fantastic...
    The scope itself is a Pulsar Apex XD75, magnification 3-6x, so not a lot there. It has about 10 different types of x-hairs, most of which are very heavy, nothing like the fine duplex we are used too. Interesting thing to try and sight in, as it works off heat, and doing it in the daytime takes some doing. I have mine roughly sighted in at 130m, and I did this by putting an A3 white bit of paper on the board, and folding a piece of alfoil up about 10 times to a square of around 21/2 inches, the alfoil conducts a fair bit of heat and can be distinguished from the white paper, which actually looks black when looked at through the scope. At 130m the cross hairs completely blank out the alfoil, so there is an element of guess work involved too. So far im having about a 90% strike rate in the alfoil, so getting there. I guess in setting the bar fairly high in regards to sighting it in, i should put a larger piece of alfoil on but doing it this way commits me to holding the whole thing super still.
    Hope you enjoyed the short video mate, I am only learning how to do ALL this at the moment, so things should get better as time goes on and I learn how to do more. I would like to down the track, get a recorder with sound, that would be something else, be able to listen to me swear and curse when I miss...(lol)
    If you want any more info, let me know mate....
    Cheers.....Ian
    keep them coming always good to see what's going on other than just in the U.K. deerwarden

I see you mate's set up doesn't have a moderator so I guess the first 'roo was saying something like. "STREWTH SKIPPY, WTF WAS THAT?" to which Skippy replies, "NO IDEA MATE, BUT THIS PADDOCK SMELLS WORSE THAN A DEAD FOX. LET'S HOP IT".

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Country View Post
    I see you mate's set up doesn't have a moderator so I guess the first 'roo was saying something like. "STREWTH SKIPPY, WTF WAS THAT?" to which Skippy replies, "NO IDEA MATE, BUT THIS PADDOCK SMELLS WORSE THAN A DEAD FOX. LET'S HOP IT".
    Haha you're right mate no moderators for us convicts. Illegal here for us common people, could be used for nefarious activities. I had another caption for that but you have to know that mate is famous for pinging them from his deck in the middle if the night. So Skippy was saying "don't worry skip jnr, it's just dressing gown man relieving himself again"
    Grant.