Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: drone pro (10x) illuminator - whats the best?

drone pro (10x) illuminator - whats the best?

gents,

I've got a 10x drone pro which is excellent, has anyone changed the illuminator to something that is much better than the one supplied, or is that as good as it gets?

cheers in advance

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    you could get a AS sunnranger built for you,

and save a boat load of money

the unit is based on a t20 with the new AS black sun IR pill and then mod it to take the 3x42 yukon lens, I am seeing things out past 700 yards with it on the older drone.

then you can have the same done with the T20 with the yukon 4x42 lens and now this is getting silly.

failing all that get a T 50 single cell torch with the AS black sun IR pill and this will let you see way past where you can shoot to.

regards

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

wheres the best place to buy these and do they fit into the drone lamp mount?

cheers

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by straightpull6547 View Post
    wheres the best place to buy these and do they fit into the drone lamp mount?

cheers
    they are not sold anywhere they are made from a T20 torch and then you buy the lens.

have a read of the night vision forum and you will see who can help.

I will pm you the details.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

T20 with a black sun pill. Go on the Nightvision forum and read the posts from a chap called Dave warlock who seem to be a bit of an expert. He's very helpful and has a drone pro set up.
    Bryn

SD Regular
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Been using a AS sunnranger on my Drone with excellent results when the fox is facing away on full power, have been using the lower setting but was told by my keeper he could still see a red light moving around, and it was spooking foxes and rabbits as well. I was spotting with a thermal, then getting straight onto the fox, and taking the shot at first opportunity. If their walking away form me no issues whatever. Have now built a sunnranger with a 940nm pill and although not as powerful as the 850nm, doesn't spook toby at all. Its a great compact illuminator. deerwarden.

From all the illuminators I have bought/used the dragonfly from starlight is miles ahead of everything else.

Drone users, going off at a tangent so apologise, but does the unit hold more than one zero? Thinking if it gets switched to different rifles would save zeroing every time..? After all the unit has a quick release mounts.
    Thanks
    B

Quote Originally Posted by weejohn View Post
    From all the illuminators I have bought/used the dragonfly from starlight is miles ahead of everything else.

+1