Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice weekend

Nice weekend

Hi All

I thought I'd do a quick write up and share my weekend with you.

I had a mate up from Cornwall on a flying visit.

We met at a the farm by Glouceser and parked my mates car up in the farmyard.

I then drove to a field up the road. We were plenty early enough but the farm grow's a lot of grass for hay which the Roe love and lie up in it all day away from the flys.

We stalked along a woodland edge and spotted a buck feeding with a doe and after a good stalk my mate shot him off the sticks about 70 yards.

After dealing with the buck we moved to another little hay field down the road.

Again we spotted a buck lay down with two does up feeding. We had another good stalk with lots of standing on one leg with a doe staring at us but we finaly got a shot off the sticks.

Too nice bucks in the bag and the pressure off

At last light we headed to another area where I had seen a nice buck. We got out of the truck and walked to the area where I had seen him previously and right on time he walked out of the wood. I've seen this buck a few times this year and could see he was very high but hadn't got close enough to assess him any better. We got to within 150 yards and he was a cracking buck very high but only a young animal. He was holding his territory and was in quite a safe place so we walked away and headed home.

After three hours sleep we were on our way back down the M5 to the Cotswolds.

We stalked another little farm only seeing a couple of nice young animals. We then crossed the brook in the bottom of the pretty valley and headed to another hay field where the same mate had shot a nice buck three years ago on his last visit.

As we approached the field I spotted a doe and then a buck and after quite a simple approach my friend shot a fine buck within a couple of hundred yards of the one from 3 years ago

Below is a piccy of them at there new home in Cornwall.

Another great weekend with a good friend.

Atb Wayne

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Wayne

What a weekend, those are three fantastic heads - your mate from Cornwall must be delighted.

You're right about sleep at this time of the year being in short supply. Late nights, early mornings and still a couple of weeks to the longest day

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    Wayne

What a weekend, those are three fantastic heads - your mate from Cornwall must be delighted.

You're right about sleep at this time of the year being in short supply. Late nights, early mornings and still a couple of weeks to the longest day

willie_gunn

Hi Willie

I'm glad to get back to work for a rest

Atb Wayne

Three very nice bucks indeed!

You make it sound like a doddle...

What lovely animals, i am very jealous, wish it had been me bagging them!!!!

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Wayne and his magic work it again.

3 Lovely looking Bucks there.

Well Done.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Some cracking heads there, sounds like cracking stalking too(:

What calibre was the rifle? I ask because to me it looks something big. Then again, its an R93 - so could be fooled again!

atb

Sam
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

Well done Wayne,great write up & well done to your mate, three more great looking bucks there
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by wint View Post
    Well done Wayne,great write up & well done to your mate, three more great looking bucks there
    Andy
    Cheers Andy, the one we left was the buck you and I watched before taking yours. He will hopefully make something special in a year or two.

Atb Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Some cracking heads there, sounds like cracking stalking too(:

What calibre was the rifle? I ask because to me it looks something big. Then again, its an R93 - so could be fooled again!

atb

Sam

Hi Sam
    It's my 30-06 Blaser r93 off road professional, Reflex T4 mod and a Swarovski Z6i 2.5-15x56.

Atb Wayne