Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brock and Norris

Thumbs up Brock and Norris

Just had my Sako .243 laminate stock changed to a KKC - so that I can see through my Nightforce scope without raising my cheek of the comb! Took the rifle to Brock and Norris 13 days before the Show and picked it up on the Friday while at the show. Firstly I think the rifle looks better than it did before and it now comes to the aim much better. Secondly I would like to say a thank you to Mike for turning it around so quickly and doing such a good job. Stock change, bedded and the trigger checked and made 'crisper' (if that is the right word), not bad considering they were travelling to the show on the Wednesday.
    He is easy to talk to and is happy to give advice on all things shooting - including loading, which I took advantage of.
    I can recommend the work and service and will definitely use them again.

Quote Originally Posted by KRW1 View Post
    He is easy to talk to and is happy to give advice on all things shooting - including loading, which I took advantage of.
    I can recommend the work and service and will definitely use them again.
    Don't you mean easy to listen to? Crikey Mike can talk a glass eye to sleep if you give him the chance.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Since I was asking the questions I was happy to listen so no complaints, especially after a bit of a drive - nice fella.

Any pictures

ive always found them to be very good even when phoning up

Quote Originally Posted by KRW1 View Post
    Since I was asking the questions I was happy to listen so no complaints, especially after a bit of a drive - nice fella.
    You're right there mate nothing wrong with Mike.
    A darn side better than some RFD's that either try to confuse you with total ******** or can hardly be bothered to grunt.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Photos - I will try to take some later and see if I can up load them. Not done it here before so no promises, have seen other posts where people have struggled a bit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0742.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	422.3 KB 
ID:	66829Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0743.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	441.4 KB 
ID:	66830Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0744.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	399.8 KB 
ID:	66831

Here are the photos, sorry they are not any clearer, a photographer I am not.

Really happy with the look and the fit is very neat and well finished - well it was done by Mike. Hoping to check the zero this weekend, weather permitting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP0745.jpg  
    Last edited by KRW1; 19-02-2016 at 13:00.

What sort of material is the cheek piece made from ?

As far as I can tell it is from a single piece of CNC cut wood i.e. not laminate like the rest of the stock. It is hard to tell for sure because of the black finish on the outside of it. I don't think it is synthetic as it sounds and feels like wood with what looks like smoothed down grain - in good daylight. Either way it is finished well like the rest of the stock
    Last edited by KRW1; 22-02-2016 at 16:17.

We'll see how well it/you shoots tomorrow night. No pressure!