Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog Food Deal

Dog Food Deal

I have just bought some dog food from this company and thought I would share a current deal they have on. I don't work for them or anything just thought it a good deal others may appreciate.

15kg Royal Canin medium plus 3kg extra free (so 18kg total) with free next day delivery 39.75

They seem to have other offers on as well.

In my local food outlet this food would cost me 49 for 15kg and I would have to go and pick it up myself!

BowMeows

Hi I have never used royal canine dog food but at 39.75 it must be very good, I Have for the last year been feeding my Cocker Arkwrites adult dog food 15kg at 7.99 from martin channons in rye sussex. The dog five years old has a lovely coat. has remarkable energy and works all day.
    cheers Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey View Post
    Hi I have never used royal canine dog food but at 39.75 it must be very good, I Have for the last year been feeding my Cocker Arkwrites adult dog food 15kg at 7.99 from martin channons in rye sussex. The dog five years old has a lovely coat. has remarkable energy and works all day.
    cheers Geoff
    Feed the same to my Borduex he weighs in at just short of 15 1/2 stone and he is fit and active ( big breed ) I used to feed him premium brands until he was two dropped down to the cheaper equivalent after I was told by my local pet food distributor that there is no differance ,my dog is definately not suffering as a result.
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

i feed both my labs on arkwrights, both fine on it.

For 39.75 I get 5 bags and 2.25 change !

Challenge is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by 2434me View Post
    For 39.75 I get 5 bags and 2.25 change !
    Thats what I call a bargain and I bet your dogs do fine on it. A lot of people spend a lot of money on pet foods, you only have to look at the space given to it in supermarkets to understand the profit margin. Still if they want to chuck their money away I suppose its down to them, maybe if they chuck 20% vat on these foods it may change a few peoples minds. Personally my dogs start on Beta Puppy then onto whatever is cheap and cheerful. They dont mind and I have never had a problem with their condition, during the shooting season I just bump up the quantities as thats when the weight will drop off them. I have also seen many hyper dogs that have been fed on expensive foods and having Vislas why charge them up more, that just comes as a normal trait. I also have a keeper friend who runs thirteen assorted dogs. Imagine his food bill at forty quid a bag!

John.

I feed my cocker Purina something i think (15 for 15kg VAT free because its working dog food) and he does well on it.

I did get some cheaper stuff (wynstays own brand working dog) a while ago and although he looked as well on it as he does now he was constantly crapping which was irritating. With the better quality food he eats less of it and spits less out of the other end!

And really 15 isnt bad

Started both of mine on Eukanuba then on to std dried food. Currently using Wag worker original at 7 for 17kg from morrisons with both loving it mixed with the usual pigeon/rabbit/whatever meat is available. Only thing I've noticed with Wag.....orange poo!

I use Autarky @ 20.00 a bag. Tried the cheap stuff and it irritated her gut, the polyproplyene filler affects some dogs badly seemingly. I asked round and was advised to use Autarky. Now people always tell me what good condition my lab looks in.

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.